White Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GarrettB

Assistant Cook
I think my favorite pizza has to be white pizza. That is, the kind without the tomato sauce, and an abundance of cheese. I imagine it would be amazing with goat cheese too, like a gooey Bucheron. Sadly, it tends to be a bit expensive, and sometimes not always too my taste. So I'd like to make it. Does anybody have a recipe for it?

I do like traditional red pizza, but a fine "white one" begins with caramelized onions garlic and evoo, fresh baby spinach, goat cheese, and I like either shrimp, smoked salmon, or calamata olives and prosciuto. Your choice of whole wheat or regualr crust.

I have made this recipe before and it comes out good. I use it with readymade pizza crust for a quick meal on days I want to make something different.

1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups of milk
2 tbsp of butter
1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesean cheese
1/2 tbsp of roasted garlic
salt and black pepper to taste.

Make a white sauce by melting butter and toasting the flour until it's lightly toasted. Now add the milk and let the mixture cook until it's nice and thick. Next whisk in some roasted garlic (I like to roast mine prior to making the sauce - just place the whole one drizzled with some olive oil in a foil and place it in the oven until it's nice and soft and then squeeze it out) and grated cheese. Let it all cool.

I like to use this as a sauce for my pizza and top it with spinach and diced chicken along with more parmesean cheese.

This is not your extremely cheesy sauce but it is different than the traditional red sauce and has a nutty flavor to it. You can substitute parmesean with other melting cheeses as well.

The best I ever had was so simple it was almost a sin.

The dough was coated with a liberal dose of garlic infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil .... sprinkled with a chiffonade of basil ... and topped with Mozzarella.

Another recipe for you:

Lightly brush your thin-crust dough with basil pesto.

Top with mozzarella, gouda (not smoked), parmigiano-reggiano, and chevre (goat cheese). Drizzle ever so slightly with truffle oil. Bake hot and fast.

Oh, it's like heaven on a stick!

Back
Top Bottom