Yaki Udon ... my way?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yaki udon is a Japanese noodle dish. A type of meat (most common one to my knowledge is chicken) and vegetables are served over the udon. The chicken is marinated prior to cooking it. Udon is a type of Japanese noodle.

The main question I have is about the marinade. The recipe I have just calls for it to be marinated using grated garlic and sesame oil; along with this you add one tablespoon of cornstarch, toss the chicken with this mixture and allow it to marinate. I plan to use additions of soy sauce, sake, and sugar.

The amount of meat in the recipe I have is 2 pounds, and the type of meat to be used is boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, cut into strips.

Based upon the amount of meat called for, how much of each (soy sauce, sake, and sugar) should I add to the marinade. I am also assuming that because I'm adding more liquid ingredients, I should add more cornstarch; how much should I increase that by? Please try to be precise with the measurements given. I'm really not good with playing it by ear with cooking; it never tastes as good, or the sauce is too thin or too thick.

The vegetables called for in the recipe are cabbage, carrot, and mushrooms. I would like to add some bell pepper, julienned and an onion cut into strips. You have additional ingredients to make a sauce that you add to vegetables and chicken. Do I have to increase the sauce measurements since I'm adding additional vegetables? If so, by how much?
I was thinking of just doing a double batch of the sauce since I plan
to add more vegetables, but I'm afraid if I do that that the finished product will be too "soupy". Should I just make a half batch of the original sauce? The measurements are small though, so I'm guessing that this wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Here's the link for the recipe:

Kosher Yaki Soba or Udon Recipe | Recipezaar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom