Your "go to" mexican recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guacomole:

2 avocadoes
1 tomatoes
1 small red onion
1 buch cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1-2 Jalapenno peppers
salt pepper to taste

Speaking of TEX/Mex meals, we made up some for guests that were supposed to come over for dinner togight. They didn't show. I had ready for them chicken enchiladas, Beef-Tamale Pie with home made tamale sauce, freshly made guacomole, seasoned refried beans, and veggie fixin's to go with it all. I even had made up some flan for desert. Well, I have some other freinds who we like to get together with. So I just used the left over fresh-corn-tortillas to make tacos for DW and me, half with the extra, unused chicken enchilada meat, half with shredded beef. I will be using the great outdoor refrigerator to keep everything at a safe temp (that would be my car on a 25 degree night):ROFLMAO:, as my fridge is too full to handle those meals still in the pans. Tonight will be a grand meal with good freinds. Those who didn't show, well sorry 'bout their bad luck.

Can you tell that I'm a bit miffed?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I am thinking about makeing a mexican christmas dinner, instead of the traditonal one.
My son is going to help make tamales, I like to start off with a nice bowl of albondigas,
then have green enchaladas, a green salad, beef and pork tamales, and finsh with some
flan and sauce. and some ice cold sangria.

Thank you all so much! We've been sick on this end so no mexican night took place unfortunetly last week but believe me we plan on doing this after Thanksgiving and I can't wait. Today is the first day I've been able to get back on here so I'm sorry for the delay in thanking all of you. The recipes and ideas are amazing and I can't wait to try them. Thanks again everyone!

fiesta night

I'm definitely going to have to have a fiesta night real soon...this all sounds so good! I also just remembered about a fish quesadilla I haven't made in a while with sauteed trout, onions, jalapenos, taco seasonings and corn sandwiched between two tortillas, topped with cheese and melted in the oven. I might try that again real soon, or the enchilada pie and desert quesadillas-yum!

lpb

Printed Big

Back
Top Bottom