Anyone using Philadelphia products in her/his recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mix the cream cheese with chopped smoked salmon, spread it on small pumpernickel rounds, and top it with finely chopped sweet onion. Makes a great appetizer.

Last edited:
It's good melted with basil, oregano, garlic, a little balsamic and some asiago. It can be put over pasta and veggies.

I also like to add a little to garlic mashed redskins (skin on!) with a little sausage crumbled in.

Are you talking about those new sauces they've come out with? I was wondering that myself. I like philadelphia cream cheese but sometimes company's start making "extra" products it's not good.

I've only heard of Philadelphia cream cheese. They make other products? That you can get, Luca? Are you looking for uses for their cheese?

pacanis said:
I've only heard of Philadelphia cream cheese. They make other products? That you can get, Luca? Are you looking for uses for their cheese?

They have a new cooking cream, which you add to casseroles and chicken dishes. Not sure if it's available overseas yet.

This is probably blasphemy ~ but I like to add a couple tablespoons of cream cheese to my polenta at the end of the cooking time to add an extra touch of creamy richness.

They have a new cooking cream, which you add to casseroles and chicken dishes. Not sure if it's available overseas yet.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that now. I wonder how it's different from adding regular cream cheese. Maybe I'll look for it and try it.

pacanis said:
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that now. I wonder how it's different from adding regular cream cheese. Maybe I'll look for it and try it.

Dh brought some home awhile back. It does add some nice richness and may have some other seasoning, but it's like runny cream cheese overall. Give it a try.

Yes, I was talking about the simple cream cheese, in Italy is called Philadelphia Classico.
Here they sell other flavors of the cheese (ham , tuna...), one with crackers, but they're all basically cheese with some ingredient added.

This is probably blasphemy ~ but I like to add a couple tablespoons of cream cheese to my polenta at the end of the cooking time to add an extra touch of creamy richness.

The pure in heart cannot commit blasphemy, Zereh... :)

I think that this polenta Philly upgrade could be really tasty! Usually I add just some butter and grated Parmigiano cheese.

It's good melted with basil, oregano, garlic, a little balsamic and some asiago. It can be put over pasta and veggies.

I also like to add a little to garlic mashed redskins (skin on!) with a little sausage crumbled in.

Hi purple, what do you mean with "melted"? You just mix it at room temperature or do you heat it on fire? And how do you add the Asiago? I mean, grated, diced, sliced... :)

Thanks

luca, you have to try the classic! a bagel and lox with a schmear, the schmear being the cream cheese.

Back
Top Bottom