Best cheese roll substitute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LongWing

Assistant Cook
Fixing cheese grits for a Super Bowl get together. I use an old recepie that calls for a garlic cheese roll and sharp chedar cheese. When the garlic cheese roll disapeared, I once used a plain cheese roll and garlic powder. Now it seems that even the basic cheese roll is hard to find. I bought some extra chedar for substitution, but think that maybe something more cheese-foody would work best. What do you think?

Regards,
LW

I am not sure what you mean by a cheese "roll". Are you talking about a cheese "log", like those Hickory Farms things?

Not a big fan of grits (Uncle Bob, please do not take note), but I would think shredded cheese is the way to go anyway.

mudbug, Thanks for the response. Cheese log sounds good. Basically processed cheese in a plastic tube that is gathered and clasped at the ends. Some versions even had a capped hole in the side that you could squish the stuff out of. I guess the most useful think about it was that you could get it in several flavors (ie garlic as called for by this recipe),

Thanks again, LW

Back
Top Bottom