Best Cottage Cheese Brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We stick to the lowfat stuff. Recently we got the Kraft Simply 2%, which is a new product. It's not very good, mushy, and as DH describes it, it tastes like dust. We have tried Daisy, which actually tastes worse. The store brand, Our Family, varies, but tastes pretty mediocre. So far, the best we can find here is the Fareway store brand. Any other brands that are decent?

I like Nordic.
Even the name suggests it's icy good.
Can't help you with the 2% stuff.

:LOL: I'm not going to make my own, Taxy, we go through it too fast. Thanks, Pac and Steve, will have to look for those brands.

I'm really picky about certain brands of different foods, and cottage cheese is one of them. I won't eat anything but Knudsen cottage cheese, although if you live in the eastern, southeastern and midwestern United States, you know it by the Breakstone's name. That's the same idea as our western Best Foods mayo is your Hellmans, another name brand I won't do without.

Anyway, for me there's nothing better than Knudsen/Breakstone cottage cheese.

I agree with Kayelle, I like Breakstone's, seems to be a good consistent product.

If I'm in the Northeast I really like Hood, but that is a very regional brand for most of their products.

I've heard of Breakstone's, not sure we get it here. Thanks!

Nordic and used to get Lucerna from Safeway, now I get Darigold, regional. I had one spoonful of that Kraft and threw the whole thing away.

I used to buy Breakstone's sour cream and all of a sudden it took a turn for the worse. I've never bought their cottage cheese though.

Nordic and used to get Lucerna from Safeway, now I get Darigold, regional. I had one spoonful of that Kraft and threw the whole thing away.

:LOL: DH said the same thing about the Kraft,"That's awful! Throw it away!"

I'll try and bury it in a lasagna.

:sigh: I have a feeling we're destined to be stuck with Fareway brand, which is about as good as we can get around here, and actually pretty tasty. How is Costco for cottage cheese? I'll have to check Aldi's, they might have some of the brands mentioned too.

Last edited:
I like the Safeway house brand for cottage cheese. It's funny, my niece was just visiting and said that she just loves the new stuff from Kraft. Each to their own I guess. ;)

I always buy Hood cc when I run down to NY state. I cannot STAND the cottage cheese in Canada. It is too runny and the curds are huge. My brother says the same thing (he also lives in Eastern Ontario).

I tend to get the store brand of small curd cottage cheese and have never had a problem. I'm the only one in the house that eats it! It makes a nice side to sandwiches for lunches.

Friendship

I grew up down the road from the Friendship Cottage Cheese factory. I haven't found another brand that I like as much. I get the 1%.

Back
Top Bottom