Breakfast, "Idaho Sunrise"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
39817-albums371-picture5661.jpg
Idaho Sunrise = Hollowed baked potato, buttered & S&P, bacon, red pepper, cheddar cheese & an egg.

Last edited:
Those look wonderful S&P. I'm saving that idea for next fire season...rows of those coming out of the oven will bring smiles.

Very nice!

Do you use leftover baked potatoes for this or do you bake them and stuff them all in the same session.

It would be great if you could precook the potatoes and the bacon then assemble them just prior to serving.

Very nice!

Do you use leftover baked potatoes for this or do you bake them and stuff them all in the same session.

It would be great if you could precook the potatoes and the bacon then assemble them just prior to serving.

I bake the night before I use them. Hollow them out when they are cold. then Butter, salt&pepper. Add what ever you like, (cooked)onions sausage, bacon etc.. I add the egg and bake or nuke till egg is cooked. Baking takes longer but produces a better finish.

I bake the night before I use them. Hollow them out when they are cold. then Butter, salt&pepper. Add what ever you like, (cooked)onions sausage, bacon etc.. I add the egg and bake or nuke till egg is cooked. Baking takes longer but produces a better finish.

That sounds perfect for me!

The boats for one meal and the scooped out innards for another!

Maybe some leftover steak and mushrooms would be a nice combination!

I would probably bake them or put them in the toaster oven!

Thanks, this looks like a keeper!

I think you should patent the idea! That would be a fabulous "eat in the car" breakfast and imo, a fast food chain could make a mint. It's essentially a breakfast sandwich in a potato and the potato is a much better option than the traditional english muffin or biscuit.

I'm already working through the logistics of serving these for breakfast to 500 people. Good thing I have minions...

I think you should patent the idea! That would be a fabulous "eat in the car" breakfast and imo, a fast food chain could make a mint. It's essentially a breakfast sandwich in a potato and the potato is a much better option than the traditional english muffin or biscuit.

Wish it was my idea, but I saw it on the net!

I'm already working through the logistics of serving these for breakfast to 500 people. Good thing I have minions...
It's just the two of us but I would still like minions. I've told Himself my kitchen life would be so much easier if I had prep cooks and clean-up help just like all the TV chefs. He took that as a suggestion that he needed to WATCH TV chefs. *sigh*

It's just the two of us but I would still like minions. I've told Himself my kitchen life would be so much easier if I had prep cooks and clean-up help just like all the TV chefs. He took that as a suggestion that he needed to WATCH TV chefs. *sigh*

I want to make or buy about a dozen cook's hat in bright yellow. We had fun in the cook tent being Minions like those in Despicable Me. I do miss running a kitchen...it's so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom