Breakfast Potato Skins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
While I was on vacation, I went to a restaurant that made these and figured it would be easy to recreate this at home.

I justed baked the potato, scooped out some of the filling and added scrambled eggs then put it back in the oven to melt the cheese.

Oh, I forgot to add I put meat into the scrambled eggs. You could use whatever kind you want bacon, sausage, ham, etc. In this instance I used left over chicken breast lunch meat.

This was a winner with my 8 year old. He tried it this morning and asked for seconds. Ended up eating the 2nd piece while walking to daycare this morning. I like it because I can make them the night before and he can just get into the fridge and heat it up himself. I love breakfast things I can premake, makes my mornings much easier. :)

also really good using a left over baked potato from night before (make extra) and heating up the skin then "dry poaching " the egg in the skin, top with herbs and cheese, and mix the scooped out potato with sausage or bacon and fry as a patty. so good.

Whenever I get around to try it I'm thinking of just putting in scrambled eggs with some cheese. Also either chives or just some lettuce. Sausage or bacon would be nice to.

Yummy, I'd certainly try these with a side of tangy salsa and an ice cold smoothie (probably mango). Cool recipe, thanks for posting it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom