"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Old 10-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #1
Executive Chef

I'm making this tonite to go with some crusty French bread and mushroom barley soup -

8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
8 oz sharp cheddar, grated
2 tsp grated onion
2 tsp worchestershire
2 tsp finely minced garlic
½ cup finely chopped pecans (plus another ½ cup if you’re making a ball)

Combine cream cheese and cheddar, beat til smooth in a mixer. Beat in onion, worchestershire, and garlic. Stir in ½ cup pecans. Chill two hours. If you’re making the ball, shape the mixture into a ball and roll in the 2nd ½ cup of pecans and chill. Remove from fridge at least 1 hour before serving.

marmalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
Head Chef
Cheese balls are soooo good and simple to make usually. I can't imagine why a person would pay such a high fare for one at the store, unless they are absolutely crunched for time.

You've hit my favorite combination of pecans with cheddar and this recipe looks fantastic -- thank you Marmalady!!

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is Optional.
Audeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #3
I am definately going to paste and copy this one. I will make it for the Holidays.
Thanks Marmalady
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:05 AM   #4
Executive Chef
Made it last night - and I would edit the directions to say definitely do this in the food processor - the mixer just wasn't getting a 'smooth' consistency. Otherwise, it was fantastic!

And of course now I'm spinning off - thinking Swiss and almond - monteray jack and chile - :)
marmalady is offline   Reply With Quote