Cheese Danish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Can somebody tell me what kind of cheese is used in commercially made cheese danishes ? Thank you.

It usually has an egg yolk or two beaten into it, along with some sugar & flavoring (usually vanilla and/or lemon). You beat it till creamy, but don't whip in too much air.

This is the filling we made one time for cheese Danish or maybe we made Kolaches. Are they different? Dx made the yeast dough and I made the filling. I think we put dollops of homemade raspberry jam on top of the cheese filling.

Just beat the filling with an electric mixer until combined
Filling

2 packages 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg beaten
1 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

This is the filling we made one time for cheese Danish or maybe we made Kolaches. Are they different? Dx made the yeast dough and I made the filling. I think we put dollops of homemade raspberry jam on top of the cheese filling.

Just beat the filling with an electric mixer until combined
Filling

2 packages 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg beaten
1 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

That's sounds like filling I make, I just use farmers cheese instead. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I was always told it was "Bakers Cheese"? I have no idea what it is though.

Quick story.
Cheese danish is how I met my first wife.
I would go to the bakery she worked at each day during my morning break and order a cheese danish.
I would always find two danishes in the bag. My working buddy said she was making a move. I did not believe him at first. but found out he was right after all.

To this very day, I have not had a cheese danish as good as those were. She worked in Publix and it was in the very early 70's.

Everything was better in the early 70's. More natural, more carefully made, better quality.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom