Cheese making 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, both use the same geotrichum (sp?) and penicillium candidum (again spelling!), and it grows a white mold that is a fungus, hence the mushroomy flavor.
Penicillium camemberti was first described by Thom and is thought to be a domesticated form of Penicillium commune. A number of synonyms exist for the species including Penicillium rogeri, Penicillium candidum, Penicillium album, and Penicillium caseicolum. The fungus is mainly (almost exclusively) found either on cheese or in the cheese factory environment and is rarely found away from this environment.
From: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/penicillium-camemberti

Don't tell him, let him enjoy what food he likes for whatever reason he has. My husband hates anchovies and I only use them in about 3 of his favorite dishes. Should I tell him? I don't think so.

Last edited:
The cream cheese after 24 hours of draining. See how nicely it is peeling off the tea towel.

wdrainedcreamcheese.jpg

The camembert with its mostly geotrichum mold, some penicillium.
Out of focus. I was in the process of wrapping them in parchment paper, then put in little containers to keep the humidity high, and then in the regular refrigerator for final aging, another 2-6 weeks.

wcamwmold.jpg

Back
Top Bottom