"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
The store where I mentioned has a great cheese selection is very small, and they cater to either home bound folks in the neighborhood, they deliver, and accept charges, and the other end, special orders, great meat, fresh fish on Fridays, etc. It is a family run business, not a chain.
One could also look up a cheese supplier/importer and ask if there are local stores that stock their cheeses.
Thank you Wyogal, By the way the white chedder remark.

I don't know why it took a year to find it, but I did. I mean the aged white chedder stuff. Again thank you for the help.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I don't know whether or not igourmet.com has a cheese "club," perse, but they do sell a large amount of a wide variety of excellent cheeses from around the world.

I have used them to send lots of gifts at holiday time, and have always been very happy with the results.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #33
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
He was not saying one had to do with the other.

Issue 1: He wants to experience new cheeses.

Issue 2: He had tried to find white cheddar in the past and had lots of trouble even locating that so finding more specialty cheeses will most likely be even more difficult.
You took the words right out of my mouth GB.

Like a few people said go to wall marts and buy it there, If it were that easy I would have. At the time I was looking for it wall marts didn't have anything but a milk isle. I'd though I would come on here and ask about cheese and places to buy them.

Like I said thanks again everyone who actually helped.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #34
Head Chef

This doesn't help you much unless you visit new york city, but i remember a few months ago, on the food network, someone visited the " cheese cave" at Murray's, in NYC. I went to their site, and you can actually get a private cheese tour and tasting of their cheese cave. They also offer cheese classes and other lectures as well. Definitely taking it to the next level. I included a link on the cheese cave.

Cheese classes and cheese events in NYC

They also have cheese of the month clubs and an online store as well, but pricey.

Tags
None