Cheese of the month club?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
white cheddar can be found at Wal-Mart, not hard to find. Cabot's
Ask the wholesaler who they supply... that will lead you to a store.

white cheddar can be found at Wal-Mart, not hard to find.
This can be different from store to store. Not every store carries the same things. I do not even know of a Wal-Mart anywhere near me that carried cheese.

Don't you have a Meijer nearby? They carry both their own (organic) brand of white cheddar, which is so-so in my opinion, and at least one other - I think it's a canadian brand, black diamond maybe? But remember, it won't be with the other cheeses and dairy stuff where you'd find Kraft cheese or pre-shredded cheese. It's in a different part of the store.

So now I'm confused. You want to join a "cheese of the month" club because you couldn't find white cheddar for a recipe? Didn't you say in your original post it was because you wanted to explore all the cheeses from stinky on down, etc.? What does one have to do with the other? And I don't care where you live - any mainstream supermarket carries blocks of white cheddar, & that includes discount supermarkets like Walmart & Target.

Sorry, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this thread, like others of a similar nature from the same poster. I'm guessing it's time for me to hit the "ignore" feature for Chile Chef.

I don't think so; I think he was using that to illustrate the difficulty he's had finding good cheeses. I responded to it to illustrate that a regional grocery chain we have here in Michigan would have had what he was looking for, as they have a pretty good selection of finer cheeses.

So now I'm confused. You want to join a "cheese of the month" club because you couldn't find white cheddar for a recipe? Didn't you say in your original post it was because you wanted to explore all the cheeses from stinky on down, etc.? What does one have to do with the other? And I don't care where you live - any mainstream supermarket carries blocks of white cheddar, & that includes discount supermarkets like Walmart & Target.

Sorry, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this thread, like others of a similar nature from the same poster. I'm guessing it's time for me to hit the "ignore" feature for Chile Chef.
He was not saying one had to do with the other.

Issue 1: He wants to experience new cheeses.

Issue 2: He had tried to find white cheddar in the past and had lots of trouble even locating that so finding more specialty cheeses will most likely be even more difficult.

I'm not generalizing, Breezy.

I've shopped cheese departments in large supermarkets all over the country and with the exception of Wegman's, I haven't found them to carry much good or interesting cheese.

Sure they have a large selection of non-Kraft cheeses -- my local Stop and Shop carries 50 different kinds at least -- but I do not consider them fine cheeses (with the exception of Vermont Butter and Cheese products).

Also, I can't remember not seeing white cheddar in any supermarket. Even Kraft makes it.

The store where I mentioned has a great cheese selection is very small, and they cater to either home bound folks in the neighborhood, they deliver, and accept charges, and the other end, special orders, great meat, fresh fish on Fridays, etc. It is a family run business, not a chain.
One could also look up a cheese supplier/importer and ask if there are local stores that stock their cheeses.
Thank you Wyogal, By the way the white chedder remark.

I don't know why it took a year to find it, but I did. I mean the aged white chedder stuff. Again thank you for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether or not igourmet.com has a cheese "club," perse, but they do sell a large amount of a wide variety of excellent cheeses from around the world.

I have used them to send lots of gifts at holiday time, and have always been very happy with the results.

He was not saying one had to do with the other.

Issue 1: He wants to experience new cheeses.

Issue 2: He had tried to find white cheddar in the past and had lots of trouble even locating that so finding more specialty cheeses will most likely be even more difficult.
You took the words right out of my mouth GB.

Like a few people said go to wall marts and buy it there, If it were that easy I would have. At the time I was looking for it wall marts didn't have anything but a milk isle. I'd though I would come on here and ask about cheese and places to buy them.

Like I said thanks again everyone who actually helped.

This doesn't help you much unless you visit new york city, but i remember a few months ago, on the food network, someone visited the " cheese cave" at Murray's, in NYC. I went to their site, and you can actually get a private cheese tour and tasting of their cheese cave. They also offer cheese classes and other lectures as well. Definitely taking it to the next level. I included a link on the cheese cave.

Cheese classes and cheese events in NYC

They also have cheese of the month clubs and an online store as well, but pricey.

Back
Top Bottom