Cheese question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I refrigerate all my cheese. You could leave them out under glass when you want to bring them to room temperature for serving.

I refrigerate all my cheese. You could leave them out under glass when you want to bring them to room temperature for serving.
Thank you Wyogal, Yeah I might do that.

The only reason I have asked such a question, my fridge sucks and most of my cheeses don't last more then a month and it sucks!

It's my understanding that moisture and humidity, more than temperature, effect the live span of most cheeses. I know from personal, tragic experience (my poor cheese!) that a room temperature cheese that is perfectly dry will outlast a wet cheese in the refrigerator. This experience comes from having washed off the mold from a block of cheddar and not properly drying it before returning it to the fridge.

Bone dry, many cheeses will last two weeks or longer before they dry out completely and become unusable. Tight sealing plastic bags REALLY help!

Bone dry, many cheeses will last two weeks or longer before they dry out completely and become unusable. Tight sealing plastic bags REALLY help!

I meant two months... sorry!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom