Classic Quiche Lorraine Recipe
Hi Guys :)
We made this superb Quiche Lorraine last night for tea and I thought I would share the recipe with you all :)
It is a recipe they made on Masterchef Australia
Classic Quiche Lorraine
Short crust pastry
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 small white onion, finely diced
2 leeks or spring onions washed and thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
150g pancetta or bacon, cut into fine lardons
300ml pure cream
2 egg yolks
½ cup grated good quality gruyere cheese
½ cup grated tasty cheese
Short crust pastry and Filling
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 21cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin.
2. For pastry, place butter, flour and salt in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg and lemon juice and process until mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a floured bench and gently knead to bring dough together. Do not over work. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
3. For filling, melt half the butter in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add onion and leeks cook for 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl and return pan to heat.
4. Melt remaining butter in the pan, add pancetta/bacon and cook until golden, stirring occasionally. Add to the onions and stir to combine. Spread over a double thick sheet of paper towel to drain.
5. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to a 24-26cm circle 2-3mm thick. Gently ease into prepared tart tin, pressing pastry into the edges of the tin. Trim with a small knife and prick the base. Lay a sheet of baking paper over the base and fill with baking beans or rice and blind bake pastry for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, take out paper and baking beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes to crisp.
5. Whisk cream, eggs and yolks in a bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Fill the base of the cooked pastry shell with onion mixture and scatter over half the cheese. Pour over egg mixture and sprinkle with tasty cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 160°C and bake until set. Allow to cool before cutting.
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt