"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
Sous Chef
menumaker's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South West France
Posts: 595
Hi, I live here and still find it confusing!! Heavy cream is what I call 'Double' cream. The problem is it just doesn't taste the same. I now mix half whipping (fouette) and half mascopone which in my opinion gives a better result.

Celtic cook

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Mad Cook's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North West England
Posts: 4,502
Originally Posted by silconecook View Post
i was trying to make a gratin and american recipes ask for heavy cream but i don't know what is heavy cream in france. tried google but it made me even more confused

what is creme legere semi epaisse? is this heavy cream?
what is creme entier?

thanks for your help.
There's a discussion on this on the Delia Smith forum. That's English (I mean as opposed to American) but it might be a jumping off point.

Mad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.