"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2018, 01:20 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
...P.S. How did you make the hash brown crust?
I made a different kind of quiche with a hash brown crust a few months ago. The crust was made in a different way from medtran's recipe. It was from a "Southern Living" recipe. I don't know if this will help, but here's the link to my post with photo (Marathon Monday Dinner - 4/16/2018) and to the recipe (Bacon-Hash Brown Quiche Recipe).

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:15 AM   #12
Executive Chef

You just cooked it in the skillet, didn't transfer to a pie plate. Otherwise, it's the same method. My skillets are either too big or too small for the # of eggs and filling I used, which is why I did the pie plate. Otherwise, I would have done it in the skillet as well.

That actually may have been where I saw the method. I remember looking at that recipe and thinking about it being 1 of the keepers when we were going through our old mags, which will be going to DD and the DGD that cooks for them to go through.

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacon, eggs, ham, onions, recipe, swiss cheese

Duchess quiche [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]This is a recipe from the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle, it was King Stefan's Banquet Hall at the time, in Walt Disney World. It was served at brunch/lunch. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Duchess Quiche 4-6 strips bacon 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped onion 2 cups (12 oz) diced or shredded Swiss cheese 3/4 cup diced ham (about 4.5 oz) - get a 1/4"thick slice of ham at deli and use about half of it, freeze remainder for a later quiche 1 9-inch deep dish pie shell 6 eggs [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1-1/4 cups milk 1-1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (can use black) pinch of nutmeg, can leave out 1/3 cup grated parm Saute bacon until crisp. Remove and drain. Break up after itís cool. Saute onion in bacon fat until tender. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Scatter bacon, cheese, ham, onion over pie shell evenly. Beat eggs, add milk and spices. Pour into pie shell to mostly cover fillings. Sprinkle parm on top. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until knife blade inserted in center of pie comes out clean. Serve with assorted fruits or salad. Can be made as a frittata (no crust), adjust amounts of ingredients depending on size of pan. Can add spinach. Saute fresh spinach in a dry pan, add some salt and pepper, cool, squeeze out ALL excess liquid then scatter over ingredients. Can also add cubed steamed/fried potatoes when making as a fritatta. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial] [/FONT] 3 stars 1 reviews