Easy Country Breakfast Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
Here is another breakfast casserole, but I haven't made this one yet. I was going to have this last night for dinner, but I didn't have all the ingredients. BUT, I am going to give it a try, really soon! :chef:

Easy Country Breakfast Casserole

• 1 cup crumbled bacon
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Grease a casserole dish.

Mix eggs, Bisquick, milk, salt and pepper. Beat 1 minute.

Pour into dish and add cheese. Stir in bacon.

Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until center tests clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serves 3-5.

You can change out cheeses and meats for variety !

Oh, sounds good and I have all the ingredients. Just one question, what exactly constitutes a casserole dish? I ask because I have a two quart French White round and a two quart French White oval ~ would one of those constitute a casserole dish? I've never made a "casserole"

Any ovenproof dish with low sides will work. You could use a 8" or 9" square glass baking pan.

LOL - casserole has two meanings ... one is a dish baked in an oven, the other is the dish it is baked in. A casserole is usually served in the dish it is baked in. I think there is also an implication that the dish is savory, not a sweet.

Round, oval, square, oblong ... doesn't make a difference.

It's like roast - it can either be a method of cooking or a cut of meat. This can be confusing ... a pot roast is actually cooked by braising.

Last edited:
Thanks Michael. I always equated casserole with that egg noodle creation my mother used to make {{shivers}}.

Anyway, the casserole is in the oven. I added green onions because I had some left over and it just looked like it could use some color and I love the combination of cheddar and green onions.

Okay, so here it is. The green onions were definitely needed. I think I'll add a dash of nutmeg next time too or maybe a little garlic powder. As good as it was, it could have used just a little something else.

img_804611_0_b7a0948a5004d8a9422969ed46a2978d.jpg

I just tried this! WOW! I love it!! Even with my very limited cooking skills it's easy to make. I varied the recipe a little. I used bacon bits (like you put in salads) and added diced onion and yellow peppers and sharp cheddar. Used an 8" cast iron skillet and cooked in a toaster oven.

I think this would be great also substituting corn bread mix for the Bisquick!

Thanks for the recipe!!

Back
Top Bottom