Eggs Benedict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's all about the Hollandaise - go slow, use a double boiler, not too hot or your egg yokes will scramble... periodically take it off the heat and even add an ice cube if you have to but keep whisking. Everything else will follow.

I concur with Selkie and Bea, I would add buy the freshest eggs you can find, set a timer for two mins, poach you eggs in gently rolling boiling water for exactly two mins then take out and plunge into water with ice, when the eggs are cold trim off the feathery skirt, prep everything else, put your eggs back into rolling boiling water for 1 min, remove drain on kitchen towel then assemble.:)

Mm, eggs benedict. I have never tried making my own sauce. I am a huge fan of Béarnaise sauce instead of hollandaise.. is that wrong :( lol.. I just love the parsley.

Last edited:
Well here it is. Never had it before so not sure what it how it should taste but it taste pretty darn good.

could you elaborate on that, aunt bea, please? i'll bet i am the only person in this forum who has never tasted eggs benedict in my life.:(

This is the method I use for making Hollandaise sauce.

Ingredients
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Pinch cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions
Put the egg yolk, lemon juice, and cayenne in a blender. Pulse a couple times to combine. Put the butter in a small microwave safe bowl and melt in a microwave until just melted. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth frothy sauce. If the sauce is very thick, blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water loosen it up. Season with the salt and serve immediately or keep warm in heat-proof bowl set over hot (but not simmering) water until ready to serve.

Thanks for posting that Bea. I remember seeing a blended resipe a while ago. It seems so much easier than the double broiler thing. Not as easy as a packet of knorr's, but still easy, lol.

Thanks for posting that Bea. I remember seeing a blended resipe a while ago. It seems so much easier than the double broiler thing. Not as easy as a packet of knorr's, but still easy, lol.

It is really just a blender mayo with butter instead of oil. Sort of :ermm:

Sounds great, Bea! C&P. I did get a packet of PF's rec of Knorr.

Last edited:
Saphellae said:
OOh yes sometimes we use our home smoked salmon with capers on eggs benedict.. soooo good!

How do you smoke your salmon, Saphellae?

After breaking two batches of HS before getting it right, I found this mock Hollandaise sauce recipe:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 tsp. lemon juice

Mix and heat. Good enough for me. It's nice with cream of asparagus soup too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom