"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I've been watching your vidoes and I'm subscribed, everything looks wonderful!

I love how uncomplicated they are, with rich, high quality ingredients, I'll definitely be trying them soon!

With that said, I'm really grateful for the nice stove that I have with a big oven after watching your videos! You prove that a fancy kitchen and expensive gadgets aren't required to make fantastic food!
Hi BakedChef,

I am so thankful for your supportive message ;)
Cooking with the heart (and not especially the wallet) is the only to achieve great work...

I have been on your blog and I must admit that your photos are pretty impressive. Nicely done.

frenchguycooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shells4 View Post
We've made these for years, except we have never added bacon. We have always called the Baked Herb Eggs. Delicious! I love them with fresh minced garlic and Parmesean cheese too. Next time we will try the bacon, sounds great.
Gotta love this idea of parmesan and garlic. This should give a delicious italian sound to it ;)

frenchguycooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchguycooking View Post
Hi BakedChef,

I am so thankful for your supportive message ;)
Cooking with the heart (and not especially the wallet) is the only to achieve great work...

I have been on your blog and I must admit that your photos are pretty impressive. Nicely done.
Thank you!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggs, recipe

Eggs "Cocotte" ( eggs in pot french way ) Hello guys, Here's a new recipe. Ideal for breakfast or brunch... Actually I do this recipe on rainy dark sunday evenings... It makes them less terrible :) --------------------------- Oeufs Cocotte (Eggs in Pot) --------------------------- Ingredients for 1 pot --------------------- - 1 egg - 2 Table spoons double cream ( crème fraîche ) - Bacon bits - Grated cheese ( I used gruyère but any one will fit as long as it's melting ) - Fresh herbs (chervil, chive, parsil or stronger mint, coriander, basil) Cookware -------- - Oven proof small pot - Frying Pan - TB Spoon - Knife Instructions ------------ - Pre heat the oven to 200°C or 400°F - Butter the pot (prevent from sticking) - 1 tbsp of cream in the pot - Fry the bacon bits (not too much because they will cook again in the oven) - Put the fried bacon bits in the pot and mix them with the cream - 1 egg in the center - Surround it by some cream ( 1 tbsp) - Season with salt and pepper - Grated cheese goes on top of it - Booooom ! in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes depending if you like it runny or steady (lol I don't know if the terms I use are appropriate..;) - In the meantime, prepare a long toast of bread - Out of the oven, sprinkle the egg with fresh chopped herbs - Relish the egg with the toast... - Enjoy 3 stars 1 reviews