Eggs "Cocotte" ( eggs in pot french way )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frenchguycooking

Senior Cook
Hello guys,

Here's a new recipe. Ideal for breakfast or brunch... Actually I do this recipe on rainy dark sunday evenings... It makes them less terrible :)

---------------------------
Oeufs Cocotte (Eggs in Pot)
---------------------------

Ingredients for 1 pot
---------------------
- 1 egg
- 2 Table spoons double cream ( crème fraîche )
- Bacon bits
- Grated cheese ( I used gruyère but any one will fit as long as it's melting )
- Fresh herbs (chervil, chive, parsil or stronger mint, coriander, basil)

Cookware
--------
- Oven proof small pot
- Frying Pan
- TB Spoon
- Knife

Instructions
------------
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C or 400°F
- Butter the pot (prevent from sticking)
- 1 tbsp of cream in the pot
- Fry the bacon bits (not too much because they will cook again in the oven)
- Put the fried bacon bits in the pot and mix them with the cream
- 1 egg in the center
- Surround it by some cream ( 1 tbsp)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Grated cheese goes on top of it
- Booooom ! in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes depending if you like it runny or steady (lol I don't know if the terms I use are appropriate..;)
- In the meantime, prepare a long toast of bread
- Out of the oven, sprinkle the egg with fresh chopped herbs
- Relish the egg with the toast...
- Enjoy

Or the word "set" would work too. Sounds lovely, and well-written! One of us can edit it for you if you like.

I've been watching your vidoes and I'm subscribed, everything looks wonderful!

I love how uncomplicated they are, with rich, high quality ingredients, I'll definitely be trying them soon!

With that said, I'm really grateful for the nice stove that I have with a big oven after watching your videos! You prove that a fancy kitchen and expensive gadgets aren't required to make fantastic food!

We've made these for years, except we have never added bacon. We have always called the Baked Herb Eggs. Delicious! I love them with fresh minced garlic and Parmesean cheese too. Next time we will try the bacon, sounds great.

I've been watching your vidoes and I'm subscribed, everything looks wonderful!

I love how uncomplicated they are, with rich, high quality ingredients, I'll definitely be trying them soon!

With that said, I'm really grateful for the nice stove that I have with a big oven after watching your videos! You prove that a fancy kitchen and expensive gadgets aren't required to make fantastic food!

Hi BakedChef,

I am so thankful for your supportive message ;)
Cooking with the heart (and not especially the wallet) is the only to achieve great work...

I have been on your blog and I must admit that your photos are pretty impressive. Nicely done.

We've made these for years, except we have never added bacon. We have always called the Baked Herb Eggs. Delicious! I love them with fresh minced garlic and Parmesean cheese too. Next time we will try the bacon, sounds great.

Gotta love this idea of parmesan and garlic. This should give a delicious italian sound to it ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom