Eggs every Morning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burnt_Toast

Assistant Cook
is it it ok to eat eggs every morning?
if not is it ok to eat those egs like the Egg beater Brand eery morning?

I know my hubby eats eggs several days a week for breakfast but he doesn't always fry them - sometimes poached, boiled or baked. I don't know how good it is for him, but he is pretty healthy.

I don't know about everyday for breakfast. I would alternate with dinner acouple of times a week. Ha!

No, seriously, I don't know about every day.
I would eat them everyday if someone were to cook them for me. Love em. Poached are best!

Kiinda, sorta, depends on your personal health...If you have hypertension, high cholestrol, or other health issues...maybe you should limit your intake to 2-3 per week. If you are other wise a young, active, healthy individual, then maybe eat more....until you do get hypertension, high cholestrol, etc!!:LOL:

If you have a cholesterol problem, eating eggs every morning is not recommended. But if your numbers are good, then eggs are a good source of protein and very economical.

Kiinda, sorta, depends on your personal health
UB took the words out of my mouth! But, now I've heard eggs are good for you. I'm thinking, all things in moderation. As for the egg beaters, I'd rather have less eggs, but a real one. But, that's just me. :)

I've been making quiche on Sundays to have for breakfast all week. There's about 1.5 eggs per serving, along with cooked chicken, roasted red peppers, sauteed onions and Parmesan cheese. Then I have fruit along with it - some combo of banana, cantaloupe and/or strawberries.

Sounds like a really healthy and tasty breakfast to me GG!!! I think eggs are like anything...as long as you keep it in perspective with everything else you eat, and your healtlh, its okay.

Eggs are a high protein food. You get a lot for the price.

One egg also contains about 90% of your recommended daily consumption of cholesterol.

If your cholesterol levels are OK, eating eggs is probably not an issue. If they are high, eggs will make it worse.

Egg Beaters are real egg whites with a little food coloring added to make them pretty. They are just OK as scrambled or in an omlet. They fail in a side by side test with real eggs but if you love omlets and shouldn't eat too many eggs, they can work for you.

I just made another quiche last night, and I had the numbers wrong. It calls for four eggs and makes six servings, so there's about 2/3 of an egg per serving.

ok well my numbers are good so eggs till I bust!!!

or atleast 3 times a week.

thanks

I'd do a whey or egg white protein powder shake (with berries or your favorite fruit) 3-4 times weekly and eggs the rest of the days.

If you're not afraid of cancer, heart disease, etc, etc then go ahead and eat as many as you want. Why do you think over 1/2 of Americans are overweight (not just eggs, pigging out on junk food and other animal products too)? (See ::: THE CHINA STUDY :::)

Think about this:
What makes doctors, pharmaceutical companies, health book writers, and hospitals more money?
1) People that eat whatever they want and don't really know what's good for them. or:
2) The "health nuts"? (with or without quotation marks--take your pick :))

Ooh, I'm gonna get flamed. :D Probably by the mods. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not afraid of cancer, heart disease, etc, etc then go ahead and eat as many as you want. Why do you think over 1/2 of Americans are overweight (not just eggs, pigging out on junk food and other animal products too)? (See ::: THE CHINA STUDY :::)

Think about this:
What makes doctors, pharmaceutical companies, health book writers, and hospitals more money?
1) People that eat whatever they want and don't really know what's good for them. or:

on the other hand, eggs contain lecithin, phospholipids which 'cope' with cholesterol; isn't nature wonderful?? Also note, your body makes most of the cholesterol in your body, your brain is 3% cholesterol, go figure!!;)

Think about this:

If you didn't want this line seen (original was in grey), why put it at all.

Very nice bowling shirt....but what does any of this do with eating eggs? :LOL:

Just for the record, I could go weeks without eating eggs myself, no matter whether they are good or bad for you. I just have never liked the texture - though I will have an occasional omelet smothered in hollandaise sauce!:pig:

Too much of a good thing, is a bad thing. All things in moderation, eating eggs everyday for breakfast is not such a great idea, they can also be found in a wide variety of other foods you eat during the day which will shoot your daily intake over the limits. Try alternating breakfasts so you don't eat them every day.
Also, your numbers may be good today, but what about 5 or 10 years from now?

Back
Top Bottom