Eggs with ketchup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do either hot sauce or ketchup, depends on how much we drank the night before.

The toast used for pushing the eggs around is always great, ketchup or hot sauce though.

Not a k fan at all... don't like it on eggs, on fries, on anything. Hot sauce on eggs for me please!

Ketchup is OK!!

I like ketchup on scrambled eggs, but I prefer Cholula hot sauce. On omelets I typically use Tabasco sauce because that is what most restaurants use. Sometimes. I like to use both ketchup and Tabasco sauce together. If it is available salsa is another good alternative. I would say 80% of the time I use a hot sauce of some kind, and the other 20% is ketchup or salsa.

lindatooo said:
YES! I love ketchup on eggs - think about it - tomatoes and eggs are great partners!

You know, that's a good point. No Ketchup on eggs for me, but I love sliced tomatoes with eggs and grits!! Oh, and have you ever put a slice of tomato between a good buttermilk biscuit??? Yeah Buddy!!

My first culinary lesson in the Army was: That is what we are serving today, so if you don't like it, either go hungry, or pour ketchup on it. Everything tastes good with enough ketchup. So, when I see someone pouring ketchup on anything, except maybe french fries, I assume they don't like how it tastes.

Only if the eggs are very dry or overcooked. That's not often, especially if I'm the one cooking them. As a young girl, I put ketchup on eggs, but I think that says more about my Dad's cooking than it does about my tastebuds.:huh:

Now, when it comes to eggs, I prefer over easy or poached, and ketchup would simply kill the plate.

I'm not that big on it. I do remember my grandfather would put ketchup on a lot of things when I was a little girl.

I think that I can honestly say that I have never tried nor heard of hot sauce on eggs! It would certanly wake you up in the mornings though!:LOL:
When I think of it k on eggs sounds kinda odd, but for me it just works;)

I’d never heard or even thought of ketchup on eggs till my DW did it for the first time. At first, I was shocked, but I tried it. It’s not for me, but she loves it. She also puts ketchup on potato chips (the plain salted or rippled style). I was also shocked by that, but she pointed out that they are just potatoes that have been fried, just like a French fry, albeit cut thinner. I actually like potato chips with ketchup....but I’m still not a fan of eggs and ketchup.

I LOVE hot sauce (my DW can’t stand hot sauce) and Franks is one of my favorites. I’ll try that on my eggs next time. I never thought to do that before......

Yes on fried eggs and scrambled eggs.....its grosses my DH out everytime I do it but vice versa his grape jelly with his turns my stomach :LOL:. As a kid we grew up with basically using ketchup on most things and some have just stuck with me.....like using it for the above eggs and putting it in my ham & beans soup too.

SizzlininIN said:
Yes on fried eggs and scrambled eggs.....its grosses my DH out everytime I do it but vice versa his grape jelly with his turns my stomach :LOL:.
I have never heard of putting grape jelly on eggs, I don't know if that would work:ermm:

SurvivorGirl said:
I have never heard of putting grape jelly on eggs, I don't know if that would work:ermm:

Oooh, oooh....grape jelly is great on everything! I love grape jelly on my sausage and biscuit, or steak and biscuit, or egg and cheese biscuit, or just biscuit! And when you have fried eggs and grits, then break up the egg and yolk and mix it up in your grits....add some grape jelly. Divine!

Ok....I probably just grossed somebody out. :shock: :LOL:

I am going to really freak you guys out. I eat Sauerkraut on my eggs. My grandmother and my mother do and did too. It's really good and you can always use hot sauce with it too. I tried the ketchup thing once, but I didn't like it at all. It's not the tomatoes because I like salsa on eggs, I guess it's the sugar.

Nope. Not unless the eggs are close to the hashbrown and they fall in. Its not disgusting but not my cup of ketchup. My brother does that though.

I will put ketchup on a breakfast sandwhich though, since its pretty much a breakfast burger, and whats a burger w/o ketchup.

I may give hot sauce a whirl, never tried it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom