Eggs with ketchup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sick: Ketchup is only for meatloaf in my book. Hot sauce on eggs - yes! I can't stand anything sweet on my eggs - no jelly, no syrup, no ketchup.

On the other hand red currant jelly is very very good on a venison burger!

I agree with Harborwitch, nothing sweet on my
eggs. Cooked in butter or bacon fat, salt and
pepper for fried eggs, usually throw in cheese
or left over veggies in the scrambled.

Doesn't hot sauce overwelm the delecate flavour of the eggs? I know that those of you who don't like ketchup will same that it does the same thing, but doesn't h/s just completely throw the flavours off and make you only thing about the spice?:ohmy:

A couple of shakes of Tabasco is not so hot that you lose the flavor of the egg. If you overload with any hot sauce, you will have a loss of egg flavor.

Uncle Bob said:

My Favorite Mr BT

The Original! Often imitated, never duplicated!

unka bob! i found your hot sauce!

i bought a bottle, and couldn't wait to try it. so i ripped open the seal and twisted the cap off, and took a swig.

it is delicious. not too hot but a nice kick, with the majority of flavor being that of peppers, with a subtle rich sweetness, than that of vinegar and salt.

i tried some on buffalo wings the other night, and it was comparable, maybe better than frank's. <gasp>

i am a convert, it's louisiana hot sauce for me, for most things for now. (i can't cheat on frank. :mellow: )

and i'm learning to trust your recommendations without question.

My older son, Hey Foo Caine, puts ketchup on eggs. It's a habit he picked up from his mother, Sacha Foo. The first time he spent the summer with me, I caught him pouring ketchup on one of my expertly char-broiled New York Strip steaks. I took the steak away from him and made him eat a burger!

Back
Top Bottom