Extra eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whole eggs can be frozen, but you have to "prepare" them first.

When our 5 children were still at home, we bought a large portion of our groceries at a huge warehouse place and frequently purchased 15-dozen eggs at a time. I used a lot of them to bake up an entire box of Bisquick into waffles and freeze for their breakfasts. Then I would freeze several batches of them in 3-egg quantities for use in baking. Most of my recipes called for 3 eggs, so it was easy to freeze them that way. Plus, if I needed a bunch to make scrambled eggs, all I had to do was take out as many "3" containers as I needed.

To freeze whole eggs, crack them into a bowl and gently stir with a metal or bamboo skewer until the yolks and whites are pretty nicely mixed. Don't beat. You don't want to make lots of air bubbles. Pour into your freezer container and place some plastic wrap directly on the surface of the eggs. Seal, label as to quantity and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.

Expatgirl
"Also egg foo yung which uses egg as a basic ingredient--healthy and easy to make."

That sounds sooo good..I use to make it years ago but that was then and this is now..
Do you have a good recipe for it and for the gravy that goes over it?
Or anyone else out there jump in..
marge

luvs said:
we've got 2 cartons, & i'm uncertain what to cook besides scrambled eggs, omelets, hollandaise. don't want to throw them out.

You had 24 eggs (2 dozen). As you can see from all these responses, we have used up all your eggs. If you need more ideas, you are going to have to buy more eggs. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom