Favorite cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: what's your favorite cheese?

luvs_food said:
i like brie, always keep a wedge of brie in the fridge, and all the different sorts of bleu are my second favorites. havarti is pretty good. parmigiano reggiaono is good, too.

Luvs Food...I'm with you in complete partnership. Perhaps we were separated at birth?

Re: what's your favorite cheese?

GetMeTheBigKnife said:
luvs_food said:
i like brie, always keep a wedge of brie in the fridge, and all the different sorts of bleu are my second favorites. havarti is pretty good. parmigiano reggiaono is good, too.

Luvs Food...I'm with you in complete partnership. Perhaps we were separated at birth?

possible, lol! my TWIN! i have a twin! :D

Anything but Parmesan Reggiano (can't spell it, and it reminds me of Mario Batali with the big gut hanging over his apron). I will log in for Hoffman's Smoky Sharp Cheddar. :LOL:

Mozzarella, Romano, Asiago, Parmesan, Swiss, aged Swiss (3 year- very nutty), Baby Swiss, Cheddar, sharp Cheddar, aged cheddar (5 year), Bleu, pepperjack, fresh cheese curds (they squeak when you chomp them) farmers, and... String cheese. And smoked string cheese.

I am craving something with cheese.. it's going to have to be with bleu, shredded cheddar, or provolone cheeses (all I have on hand... no, I also have parmesan). I kinda lost my appetite when I got a whiff of the BBQ going on nextdoor... it's slowly coming back now.. I'll make it my "snack before bedtime."

LOLOL Otter!! :LOL:

Awww... be nice.. :D I must admit though.. he did have a few good dishes on his show.. I love italian food!

i have not met a cheese i didn't like!!!!
my regular favs are:
tiperary irish cheddar
extra extra sharp vermont white cheddar (not cabot, yuk)
all types of goat cheese
gorgonzola
bleu cheese
locatelli parmesano reggiano

I like most all blue cheeses.

I love parmesan, of course.

I also happen to like processed American Cheese slices, Velveeta, and Cheeze Whiz.

I like those little cheese wheels and those little cubes wrapped in foil with the laughing cow.

Heck, I don't think I've met a cheese that I didn't like. Cheap. Expensive. American. Imported. Stinky. With and without holes.

LOL Psi, only stinky one I don't like is limburger.. ughhh.. smells like the bbq that was at the neighbor's last night.. don't know what they were cooking.. but it was bad.

I also love swiss.. great on Reubens and also cuban sammiches!

My hubby and I often sit on the patio and eat goat cheese, Stilton, brie and other soft cheeses as well as, muenster, Parmesan and Monchego on Triskets or hard crusted fresh french baguette slices with a glass or two of port wine. The soft cheeses stay the same but we vary the hard cheeses to try other kinds and it just doesn't get any better. The Italians have a way of eating Parmesan that is soooooo good. Slice off small chunks of Parmesan and drizzle them with honey, then sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Ohhhhh those Italians.......

I love most cheeses, but really do not like a lot of the soft cheeses. I love hard cheeses like parm regiano and cheddars etc. I also love jarlsberg as that is what I grew up putting on my bagels :)

I am willing to try any cheese at least once. I really don't think I could or would want to live without cheese.

To a true cheese love, this is a tough one. I'd probably go with Edam and Gouda (not smoked), but .... lord, what a choice. I love blue, especially if it is a little on the hard side so it goes well in salads or on top of pasta. I love .... brother!!! I've only met two I didn't like, limburger and there's one here that I cannot remember the name of (I believe brought here by German immigrants many years ago). Too smelly to get near, for me. We try to visit dairy stores in the area (big cheese making area) and buy the stronger cheeses because sadly, many of those who make something besides rubber mozzerella for the pizza industry go out of business fast. We seek them out and buy their oldest, strongest cheeses, hoping to keep them going with our little efforts!! The fact is, though, that for grilled cheese sandwiches, macaroni and cheese I love Kraft deli deluxe -- NO INDIVIDUAL WRAPPERS PLEASE, once they do that the flavor is lost, don't ask me why. But making a choice? With a salad, chevre. With pasta, asiago, parm, romano; with ......

Cheese

After reading through everyone's favorites I found I left out numerous other cheese that did not come to mind: havarti, gouda, reggiano, fontina, sharp cheddar, provolone, smoked Benton, really all of the above that has been posted. Let's have a cheese, wine, grape, crustini tasting party..

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

southerncook said:
manchego (sp) and quince paste... what an awesome combo. gotta try it. with a nice spanish wine, wow.
Okay, I've got the Manchego and the Spanish wine, now where do I get the quince paste?

I live in a mid size city, and we have a small gourmet market that gets it for me. If you live near a Central market, or Whole foods, they'll have it, but any large city market should be able to get it for you. It's worth the effort to go online as well, as it is one of the most common Spanish Tapa's, end to a meal. Good luck! It's also called membrillo. You can get it a chefshop.com.

sounds good southerncook. I would love to go to a real spanish tapas bar one day. Sampling all kinds of small appetizer-type dishes and drinking wine, sounds like heaven!

Back
Top Bottom