Favorite cheeses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i love a good brie, but i just can't like that rind. uck.
bleu cheese is my other favorite, any kind.
23.gif

As one who loves strong flavors, I don't know why I don't like ripend cheeses such as Brie and Camembert. But I really couldn't say which is my all-time favorite cheese. It really depends what I'm using it for. And I've been known to eat a half pound of cheese at one time, of course I was much younger then, and dearly loved a good colby. My cheese range has expanded so much from back then. I love Gruyere, sharp aged cheddars (white, not colored or tampered with), Colby, Ghouhda, Asiago, Parmesan, Feta, Cottage Cheese, Fontina, a strong and sweet Swiss, etc., etc.

How can I choose from such a wonderful variety? You ask the impossible. ;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Baby Swiss, mozzarella, and fresh cheese curds - the kind that squeak.

I had this really good cheese in france. i know it was a soft goat cheese... but i don't know what it is called.

Hey miguzigoldfish, the most common french goat cheese is chevre, i quite like it, but the Welsh one is even nicer.

I love cheese, especially a good Cheddar, farmhouse Lancashire (I have a waxed bomb in the fridge), brie (I tend to by Cornish or Somerset rather than the French these days), I just love it all.

Pepper Jack
Monterey Jack
Buffalo Mozzerella (the really wet kind)
Bleu
Feta
Fontina
Havarti
Fresh Parmesan
Gruyere
Cheddar
Provolone
Munster
Swiss
Jarlsberg
Triple Cream Brie
Asiago
Romano

What I can't stand: the grocery store "cheese mixes".
My mother always buys "co-jack",
(colby & jack), but it's like polka-dot
cheese.
If you are going to mix cheeses, do a fromage fort, right, Otter?

kyles said:
Hey miguzigoldfish, the most common french goat cheese is chevre, i quite like it, but the Welsh one is even nicer.

I love cheese, especially a good Cheddar, farmhouse Lancashire (I have a waxed bomb in the fridge), brie (I tend to by Cornish or Somerset rather than the French these days), I just love it all.

Chevre is not really a type of goat cheese. "Chevre" means "goat" in French, so all goat cheeses are chevre. But it is often used as shorthand for a young, creamy and mild cheese.

Farmhouse cheddar is very yummy, I agree. I am particular to Neil's Yard.

I like Grana padano, emmental, mature cheddar, stilton, feta, parmesan, cheese with chilli, cottage cheese, Wensleydale ( a brit cheese ), Brie and a nice hard Spanish goat cheese that I don't remember the name of.

I like

Isle of Mull cheddar
Davidstow Cheddar
Dunlop
Stinking Bishop (yes, really!)
Wensleydale
Lancashire
Devon Blue
Dunsyre
Ayrshire Blue
Caerphilly
Double Gloucester
Sage Derby

And lots of continental cheeses, too!

even cream cheese works for me, yum.
string cheese, but isn't that just mozzarella?

I had a creamy brie the other day. It was great on pears and on bagles.

Feta ( but only if it's warm and melting)
Swiss
and Havartie

Back
Top Bottom