Favorite Poached Egg Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Bob said:
Miss VeraBlue....

Locatelli cheese...is that kinda like Rat cheese? :ermm:

Where have ya been?

Polenta, wilted greens, poached eggs...sounds like something I could go for!
2:00 AM and two empty Bookers....yep would be might fine eats.

My dear, I've been haunting the Pit of late, and do wish you would join us over there. I'm quite possibly a bigger proponent of free speech than I am of sharing meatloaf recipes. I'll never cease my enjoyment in discussing food and topics related....
Work has been positively brutish recently. Catering has tripled, head count has doubled, it's easily 120 degrees in there, and I find myself exhausted at the end of a very very very long day. I do thank you for asking.

I local chef had eggs poaced in duck fat as a New Years ap. on his menue, Anyone ever hear of this. I thought this sounded good.

I local chef had eggs poaced in duck fat as a New Years ap. on his menue, Anyone ever hear of this. I thought this sounded good.

Not in duck fat but when I was a youngster, I went on a camp for Easter and we were served eggs that were cooked in deep fat. Can't remember anything about the taste.

Eggs Benedict without a doubt (althought I will on occassion simply poach eggs and dump them on some toast).

I had chickens on my farm until very recently when a ravenous fox made his way through the hen house. The eggs were fantastic, and I can tell you that both the hollandaise and the poached eggs were better than any I had had before.

I also agree that restaurants very rarely get this right, although I have found that if you find a restaurant that supposedly focuses on breakfast you may have a bit more luck. When I lived in Vancouver there was a chain called Ricky's that never failed to please me with their Benny.

Back
Top Bottom