Flavoring yogurt, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
Hi!

I have started to make homemade yogurt for my sisters :) But I would like to have some taste to it sins my sisters don't like plain yogurt.

I have frozen berries in the freezer. When should I add this? Before I put the yogurt in the machine (or oven) to incubate? I guess I need to thaw them first??

Last time I added vanilla extract after it was incubated and that did not work because the yogurt became to runny..

I now I can add berries and fruit right before I serve it but it would be so much easier if they just could take of finish yogurt from the refrigerator ..

Hi!

I have started to make homemade yogurt for my sisters :) But I would like to have some taste to it sins my sisters don't like plain yogurt.

I have frozen berries in the freezer. When should I add this? Before I put the yogurt in the machine (or oven) to incubate? I guess I need to thaw them first??

Last time I added vanilla extract after it was incubated and that did not work because the yogurt became to runny..

I now I can add berries and fruit right before I serve it but it would be so much easier if they just could take of finish yogurt from the refrigerator ..

If you use a good quality vanilla extract, you'll only need 2 or 3 drops per 1/2 pint to flavor it, and that amount shouldn't make it runny.

I've always added the fruit, wheat germ, flavoring, whatever I was adding to the yogurt after it was finished.

Any flavoring should be added to homemade yogurt after it has been made, otherwise it will interfere with the making of the yogurt. I add mine, usually a fruit syrup, just before eating. Occasionally homemade jams do not gel and I use these syrups for my yogurt.

Back
Top Bottom