Fondue dipping ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grapes are great in a cheese fondue. Cut them in half first, so they cheese has something to cling to. It will roll right off the skin side.

Tomorrow I thought I'd whip up a cheese fondue for dinner. To tell the truth, I'm a little bored with the usual apple or bread cube accompaniments. I thought chicken sausage chunks or blanched veggies might be good. I'm looking for other ideas, though.

What would you guys suggest?

I've always preferred veggies for dipping in cheese fondue to bread. I blanch most of them, as I don't prefer raw. Your idea of sausage chunks is brilliant! have at it! :chef:

Small french prunes that I stuff with bits of raw onion, black olives and anchovy before I wrap with bacon.:)

Well, I'm not 'one of the guys'.......but, what have you decided? Will we get pictures? :yum: wishing you and yours a happy fondue dinner!
Well, I have a loaf of homemade Italian peasant bread baking in the oven as we speak. I also picked up some pearl onions, fingerling potatoes, smoked chicken sausage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli.

I really like the idea of tater tots, too. Unfortunately, I didn't see it until I had already been to the store. But tots will DEFINITELY be on the list for a future Fondue.

And Devils (or Angels) on Horseback. Why not? Almost anything tastes good dipped in hot melted cheese.

Lots of excellent suggestions! :yum:

(possible pictures to come)

Funny, I was just telling hubby that we need to pull our fondue pot out this winter. We haven't in awhile. I loved some of the ideas here! I've heard of both the kisses and drinks as "punishment" for everyone who loses their food in the pot. Mine is sterno, but it is stainless steel with a glass insert. you start out with boiling water in the stainless steel, and melted cheese in the glass insert (the boiling water keeps the cheese warmer for longer). Then you dump out the water and put already heated oil in the stainless steel part for the meat course. Hubby actually prefers beef broth to oil. Sort of like ... what is it called, shabu-shabu I think? So even though it is sterno, everything stays hot.

One trick, to me, is that everyone has two forks, especially for the meat course. Take a piece out, put one in. Cheese is more just dipping, so it doesn't matter so much.

Back
Top Bottom