"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #31
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Garlic goes with every thing!!!!!
Beat me to it!!

As to the curry, adding a bit to egg salad is marvelous. As is a touch of anchovy.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #32
Assistant Cook

well. you can actually make a soup outta of garlic and eggs. they taste super nice!!!
you should mix chopped meat with garlic and eggs. boil some water and put the mix into the water. after the soup is boiled. you can add some salt, some tomatoes and some mushrooms.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #33
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to shnooky Send a message via Skype™ to shnooky
I do, I've always put it on, ever since I ordered it on a vacation back east. I don't know if the east portion is relevant as far as region goes but I've always used garlic on my eggs.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #34
Wine Guy

I LOVE garlic... but eggs are one of the few dishes that I don't add it to. To me, eggs have a delicate flavor that can be easily overpowered by other seasonings and ingredients.

It's all a matter of satisfying your own tastes, though.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

No garlic on FRESH eggs here--sometimes fresh tarragon, sometimes jalapeno, but not garlic. My DH who loves garlic on EVERYTHING doesn't put garlic on his FRESH eggs...maybe roasted garlic, but I am one of those people who likes the taste of FRESH eggs with just a bit of S&P.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #36
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I LOVE garlic... but eggs are one of the few dishes that I don't add it to. To me, eggs have a delicate flavor that can be easily overpowered by other seasonings and ingredients.

It's all a matter of satisfying your own tastes, though.
I agree that eggs taste great on their own. I have my own flock of chickens and love that the eggs taste so much better than the pale, weak store bought.

We also have ducks and my kids LOVE the duck eggs. Recently I have been eating turkey eggs from the soon to become Thanksgiving birds.I can't believe how delicious a turkey egg (free range birds) tastes. I have 2 left and I keep thinking how I am going to eat them. YUM.

We did have geese for a few years and I ate them like crazy during both my pregnancies. My boys were grown on goose eggs (Fried with grits!!!!! Soft boiled with toast soldiers dipping into the never ending golden lava yolk) inside my belly and now are growing on duck eggs!

Sorry for side tracking but I agree, a simple plain egg is delicious but I wanted to add there are so many different great eggs.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #37
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I feed garlic to my hens!
Just kidding. That's supposed to give eggs a funny taste. If I'm making a sandwich I usually add a little garlic powder to the eggs. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for.
I feed garlic to my hens a lot. I think it is very good for them. Especially during molt season and winter when they are more susceptible to getting sick. The coop ends up smelling like garlic but the taste does NOT transfer to the eggs. I think that is a bit of an urban legend.

I put whole heads of garlic in the food processor, paper and all and them mix it in with a pot of rice with added yogurt. They LOVE it.

Cooking for chickens!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #38
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Garlic is my "go to" number one flavor enhancer in so much of my cooking but I never ever use it in eggs. It just seems wrong.

Miracle Whip? Nevah......on anything.

My kids used to squirt ketchup all over their eggs and I couldn't even watch them eat it.
Agree on the Miracle whip. My 5 year old son loves Franks Hot Sauce on his eggs. I thought hot sauce on eggs was crazy until I tried it. OMG. YUM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #39
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Quite often when eating eggs and grits, I will sprinkle on a homemade seasoning blend that has garlic in it...Quite tasty. ~~ A few shots of Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce rounds it out.
OK, I'm coming to your place for breakfast! PERFECT!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbuter View Post
Does anyone beside me put garlic on their eggs? I think it goes very well with them, especially if you add some miracle whip to the finished egg.
Miracle Whip? ABSOLUTELY!

Garlic too! Turns plain eggs into a meal fit for a King.

Miracle Whip on almost anything! I use no other store bought mayo.

(Different strokes for different folks)

Tags
egg, eggs, garlic, other