"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 08-26-2005, 11:21 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyj
When ever others really enjoy a particular food, I am intrigued, and I get this feeling like "....mmmmm, that looks interesting......oooh, I think I'll have some of that!". Sadly, I didn't take to goat cheese. A good friend of mine (who is a great cook) from New Zealand once said she thinks it tastes/smells like goat's bum, and now, when we see it on a menu we chuckle, remembering the goat's bum remark, and pass it up. Now I read your posts, and I'm thinking '.........mmmmm, that sounds interesting......oooh, I think I'll have some of that!". I'm going to try again. Today.
Sandy it took me quite a time to work up my nerve to try gorat cheese..When I did, it also took me 3 to four bites, but I found I enjoyed the tartness of it... When I made stuffed apricots with it, I loved them..The tartness of the cheese combined with the apricots and I used several kinds of nuts walnuts being my favorite, which I tucked in with the cheese, then I drizzled the works with some honey..Yummy..Give it a try. mine didn't smell
kadesma

Old 08-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #12
Master Chef

There are lots of different types of goat cheese, ranging from soft to hard, with varying degrees of sharpness and "goaty-ness."

Try a goat gouda sometime. Loads different than a cream chevre.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:25 PM   #13
Head Chef

Mish, I'm with you! Chocolate I could definitely live without. Cheese and bread are my weaknesses!

I like to make a quick omlette with a bit of smoked salmon and some goat cheese melted on top.

I also found some great fig-lemon perserves that are outstanding on a cracker with a small smear of goat cheese.

It's good on salads too! Add some pears or figs to your greens, some toasted nuts, toss with a good vinegar / oil dressing and finish off with the goat cheese.

Z

Tags
None