Originally Posted by CWS4322
I add habanero peppers when I grate cheddar and other cheeses. I find that tossing the cheese in the freezer for about 20 minutes and then running it through the food processor (grater blade) with the peppers produces the result I need for cooking--but if you want to eat slices of it, that wouldn't work.
Your method sounds good, CWS. Thanks. The block of it I bought is really good.
I sure learned NOT to cough with it in my mouth. Some went up my nose an gave me hell for quite some time.
Really clears the sinuses. Ha!
I eat a LOT of hot peppers. I grew many of the hottest in the world for the past few years. I skipped this year because I have so many in the freezer already.
In the freezer, I have:
1. Jalapenos (Tame) only about 5,000 on the Scoville scale.
2. Red Bhut Jolokias (800,000 to one million Scoville)
3. Trinidad Scorpions (800,000-and up)
4. South African Red Fatalii (800,000 and up)
5. Red Savina (800,000 and up)
6. St. Augustine, Florida Datils (500,000)
I have about 500 peppers in the freezer, so I won't be running out. I also have a KG of Jolokia powder from India and a quart of dried Jolokias.
Can you tell that I love spicy foods?