Homemade Cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny enough, "yogurt cheese" is a new term for me; I've always just called it Labneh and served with it EVOO and other meze.

I have a milk cow so buying the milk is not an issue but have made Butter, Cheddar, Cream cheese, Cottage cheese, mozzarella, Ricotta and sour Cream. All of them seem to be super easy, but as I have never seen it done and have only found recipes off the internet the results are quite different. I think the difference is most recipes are for store bought milks instead of raw. so my advice would be Try making cheese it is a Blast! but just check your formulas for raw or store bought milk as they seem to be Completely different.

Labneh is good too... not exactly cheese per se, but it's close. Suuuuuper easy to make with storebought yogurt but the real key is making your own yogurt. Served with meze, mmmmmmmm.

Have a recipe for labne? I love it but have been scared to make cheese as most call for beiing left out of the fridge for hours.
Have a labne recipe that hasn't killed you?

After I have made my paneer, I use the whey instead of water when I next make my bread. The surplus goes the dogs and chicken as a treat. Nothing gets wasted.

Back
Top Bottom