How do I keep scrambled eggs from sticking to the pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If non-stick coatings such as Teflon are overheated, the give off fumes that have been proven to be poisonous to small birds such a canaries. There is no evidence that these fumes are harmful to humans.

There is a chemical used in the manufacturing process that is a known carcinogen. That chemical is not present in the finished product. The real cancer danger is in the factories. They do not allow pregnant woman to work there as there is a danger to them in the factory.

The carcinogenic chemical is much more prevalent in products such as pizza and food boxes to prevent grease from soaking through, and in clothing for its stain preventing properties.

Non-stick cookware is perfectly safe to cook with.

FryBoy said:
Michael,
One possible solution I haven't tired -- Williams-Sonoma sells pump spray bottles made especially for cooking oil. That would eliminate the lecithin and alcohol and any water, although I have to wonder about the shelf life of oil in such a gadget. Anyone have one?
I have that gadget. The shelf life of the oil is the same as it is in a bottle. I use it by pouring the oil in, pump, spray, and just keep it there. I use it all the time so I haven't had issues. But what you can do is pump and spray and then pour the oil back into the bottle it originated in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom