How do like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the cover I was trying to describe. I like the coffee filter idea, too. :)

Attachments

• Microwave Cover.jpg
    Microwave Cover.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 220
I like most every fashion of eggs (no balut for me either).

My favorite is over-snotty in place of syrup on pancakes. The more snotty it is, the better. Put three of them on a short stack and chop them all together with a dash of salt... Mmmm...

If making a sammich, I do fried hard w/cheese on wheat toast or English Muffin.

Maybe someone here at DC can crack this egg for me...

I make a savory custard called chawan mushi (tea ware steam). Many Japanese restaurants hate it when you order it, for some reason... Basic ratio is 1 egg to 100ml of dashi stock, well mixed. Some of the common ingredients in the tea cup are chicken bits, a shrimp, shiitake mushroom slices, a gingko nut, and a lemon peel. I steam mine in a water bath stovetop for about 20 minutes. A friend of mine makes great veggie versions. In a snap, in the microwave. And she delights in keeping it a secret from me how she does it.

Could it possibly be as easy as 90 seconds with a coffee filter cover for each ramikin?

I make a savory custard called chawan mushi (tea ware steam). Many Japanese restaurants hate it when you order it, for some reason... Basic ratio is 1 egg to 100ml of dashi stock, well mixed. Some of the common ingredients in the tea cup are chicken bits, a shrimp, shiitake mushroom slices, a gingko nut, and a lemon peel. I steam mine in a water bath stovetop for about 20 minutes. A friend of mine makes great veggie versions. In a snap, in the microwave. And she delights in keeping it a secret from me how she does it.

Could it possibly be as easy as 90 seconds with a coffee filter cover for each ramikin?

Hmm, I don't know. I make cornstarch pudding in the microwave, no problem. I just stir every 2 minutes. But the time I tried to make custard, it didn't set. A friend suggested cutting down the liquid and increasing the time. I haven't gotten around to trying that yet.

Sound right...does she start with hot dashi? That would start cooking the egg. Now I want to try that with some straw mushrooms...:pig:

Back
Top Bottom