"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #21
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I also like a good runny egg sandwhich. But like a bank job, no matter how well prepared and thought out it is, things can get messy pretty fast.
You mean like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breakfast-sandwich.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	10615  

Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
Any which way for me. Runny or solid yolk, I like them both equally as well. Scrambled, poached, hard cooked, egg salad, SSU sitting on top of a steak, whatever.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #23
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
You mean like this
Exactly like that.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #24
Executive Chef
I love eggs.

My favorite way to eat them is easy over fried in butter, with buttered toast to mop up the yolk.

Then, in no particular order:
egg salad
deviled eggs
hard cooked eggs which is a staple for me for road food, crack off the shell, sprinkle with s&p and I am good to go
eggs ala goldenrod, which my mother would fix on the extremely rare occasions my dad was not home for dinner. My dad was allergic to eggs so we rarely had them when I was growing up.

I am on the last of 10 dozen eggs I bought locally last october. And last week I picked up 6 dozen local eggs from another neighbor.

Oh mama, that sandwich looks heavenly!!!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
Traveling Welcome Wagon
My favorite is fried in butter until the white is totally set, but the yolk has to be very runny.

As I have said here before, my aunt likes hers the total opposite. Whenever she ordered fried eggs at a restaurant she told them to, "Cook it until it is hard as a rock, then cook it again."

I also like scrambled, if they are light and fluffy. I love mushroom and Swiss omelets, deviled eggs, and poached (again, with runny yolks).

Growing up, I hated eggs. Now I love them.
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #26
Master Chef
This thread made me so hungry for eggs, I just made us a killer Frittata for lunch.

Sauted mushrooms, onions, bacon, eggs mixed with Greek yogurt, and topped with cheddar, mozzarella, parm and leftover roasted asparagus.
Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Runny whites gross me out!
I am with you there.

Scrambled-beaten with milk or cream till fluffy
Dunk Eggs- Sunny side up- cooked in a small amount of bacon grease, once the whites set add tablespoon water and cover till the whites are done, but the yolk is still runny.
Eggs in a bowl- a few eggs soft boiled to different degrees of done. Most of the yolks runny. Broken up buttered toast mixed in.
Egg sandwich-fried with yolk broken and cooked, but not crispy.
Deviled Eggs-smooth filling, no added food chunks.
Hard Boiled- eat out of hand, sliced for sandwich.
Egg Salad-no added chunks of food.
Omlettes- Cheese, Mexican, Vegetable
Eggs and Potatoes- brown cooked cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper, pour scrambled eggs over top, cook until set.
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #28
Head Chef
I love all things egg.

I'm not a huge fan of runny, gooey yolks unless my egg is sitting on top of something (polenta, rice, white beans w/ spinach, etc.). Scrambled is my favorite. Fried over-med on (untoasted) trashy white bread with a lick of mayo is my hangover cure of choice.

I love to sub salmon for the Canadian bacon in a Benedict with perfectly poached eggs. I make a fritatta or quiche almost every week. I love plain egg salad (i.e. eggs + barely enough mayo to bind it + dash of salt; I may add a tiny amount of shallots or chives if available). I love deviled eggs. I love eggs in my potato salad. I loved poached eggs over lemon & parmesan asparagus or zucchini . I think an egg over shoe leather would probably be tasty as well.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
Master Chef
I forgot one eggy dish, French Vanilla Ice Cream, does that count?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed fo the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire
That sounds delicious, Kayelle.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote