How do like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fried sunny side up in a cast iron skillet after cooking bacon because they slide out so easily, forgetting all that goodness lines my arteries.

Make that two orders.

Two eggs fried in CI skillet with enough hot bacon grease to flip over them until the whites are cooked, yolks still runny. Eaten with 3 strips of bacon, two pieces of toast; measured out so that I get all three -- egg, bacon, toast -- in each bite. :rolleyes: Fried potatoes put it over the top.

A hard-boiled egg with only a sprinkle of salt while it's still warm; when cold, made into deviled eggs with just mayo, S&P.

Omelettes & scrambled (well-set, not loosey-goosey), OK. Quiches - lovely.

Basted medium with crisp but not burn bacon, crisp hash browns and white well toasted bread with lots of butter. Keep the decaf coming please.

Barbara, I'm glad I'm not all alone. I have a friend who thinks he's a great breakfast chef. Now, I really don't mind a fried egg that is crisp at the edges. I'm sure there is a reason there somewhere, but I really dislike scrambled eggs the way he makes them. Or he tries us to go out to breakfast at various "great places" that make "great eggs". Always overcooked.

scrambled
im soo picky i do NOT order them out because no one cooks them right,,,,lol
there is one diner here i will get them from
yummy,,fluffy and perfect

My favorite meal of the week is Saturday mornings when my wife makes me the perfect poached eggs on multigrain toast or rye and then I sprinkle onion powder on them and drizzle spicy olive oil on them. The meal comes with 3 or 4 pieces of turkey bacon and a little cut up cheddar which is nice to have with each bite of egg. Oh man just thinking about it, I need some now!!!!:LOL:

Barbara, I'm glad I'm not all alone. I have a friend who thinks he's a great breakfast chef. Now, I really don't mind a fried egg that is crisp at the edges. I'm sure there is a reason there somewhere, but I really dislike scrambled eggs the way he makes them. Or he tries us to go out to breakfast at various "great places" that make "great eggs". Always overcooked.
Eggs, like steak, keep cooking after they are plated. In my experience, you need to plate them a little underdone to your liking so they will be just perfect by the time you get around to eating them. It helps to have a warm plate also. I think a lot of restaurant cooks overlook this detail.

I like eggs just about any way they can be prepared but this is heaven on a plate for me and makes the most wonderful guest breakfast with toasted bread and fruit.

That is a great one! We had a friend serve us something like that once, but with a bit of Hollandaise broiled/browned on top. Yummy!!!
I've always wondered if you could somehow make a crust/shell out of a piece of bread. Do you think it would crisp up enough?

That is a great one! We had a friend serve us something like that once, but with a bit of Hollandaise broiled/browned on top. Yummy!!!
I've always wondered if you could somehow make a crust/shell out of a piece of bread. Do you think it would crisp up enough?

Not sure, but I would imagine the bread might have to be sliced fairly thin and buttered so not to absorb the moisture that's already present. It's a pretty "wet" dish, but the layers of flavors are fabulous.

I like eggs just about any way they can be prepared but this is heaven on a plate for me and makes the most wonderful guest breakfast with toasted bread and fruit.

Oh my! I just joined Epicurious and printed out a PDF of that. It really looks good. I bet you could make all kinds of variations on that too.

A shout-out to my mother's bulls-eyes breakfast toast.
Core a slice of bread. Butter a skillet. Brown one side and flip. Crack an egg into the core, ala McDonald's round mold. Flip for over-easy. The crustless round of bread gets cooked on the side of the pan with sugar and cinnamon. When her back was turned, I drop my fork and try to stuff the whole toasty thing into my mouth. When it comes to eggs, to this day, I have no table manners.

I like my eggs best at 10:30, just after the free range hens have laid them and the grandsons brought them in. They are already about 100 degrees, so it doesn't take much to get them set to the perfect doneness desired, usually the white pretty much white, yolk as runny as possible: poached to go on hash; butter fried if hollandaise is in their future; bacon grease for biscuits.

I like my eggs best at 10:30, just after the free range hens have laid them and the grandsons brought them in. They are already about 100 degrees, so it doesn't take much to get them set to the perfect doneness desired, usually the white pretty much white, yolk as runny as possible: poached to go on hash; butter fried if hollandaise is in their future; bacon grease for biscuits.
There ain't nothing like homegrown eggs.....
I like 'em with the yellow running and the white walking.
Mrs Hoot always looks at me sideways when I say that. :ermm: :LOL:

I like my eggs decorated for Easter in pretty colours....or made out of chocolate! I will eat them as long as they are cooked completely and covered in something like hollandaise, cheese, soy sauce, whatever! Just don't make me eat a runny egg. (I don't even like those chocolate cream eggs with the runny "yolk" center!).

I like mine over-medium. I eat all the white, then pop the whole runny yolk in my mouth, one egg at a time :)

has anyone ever had eggs in purgatory? now, i love eggs, and i love tomato sauce, but not together.

maybe i just had it made poorly, though. the yolk hardens up too fast.

in retrospect, i have wanted to try eggs on pizza. i think it's called a st. joseph's pizza, or it's served at the feast of st. joseph, or something like that.

Last edited:
Depends on what accompanies them. Along side homefries and sausage I like scrambled. On salads I like over-easy (rather than poached). I'll eat an omelet provided it doesn't contain cheese (weird I know). But I absolutely can not stand hard boiled eggs - even when done "properly". The smell almost causes me to wretch... :sick:

We get free range eggs from a neighbor. I couldn't believe how much richer in color the eggs were compared to grocery store eggs. We like the soft boiled but not runny, deviled, fried, scrambled - most anyway they can be cooked. I'm not crazy about poached.

Back
Top Bottom