How do like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Home made Egg McMuffins. Cook egg in greased, bottomless tuna can, breaking yolk slightly. Toast English muffins, top with dayglo American cheese slice and Canadian bacon (international theme?). Pack individually in freezer plastic wrap and freeze. A 30 second zap in the microwave, and breakfast is served. Haven't made these in years, will have to do it again. I do love the original Mickie D's.

I hope you saved your tuna cans, Dawgluver. So many cans have those rounded bottoms now. I've been looking for a couple McMuffin tins.

Wow, glad I did! Excellent point. QThey've been taking up space in my gadget drawer, almost got rid of them! I always kept a stash of McMuffins in the freezer, now feeling the inspiration again. Hard to cook eggs in the foil tuna pouches...

Pacanis, just checked the canned goods and found chopped olive and mushroom cans might work, maybe for quail eggs, tomato sauce cans (hello down there), maybe some soup cans. Wait a minute, Aha! LaChoy sliced water chestnut and bamboo shoot cans!

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to keep an eye out for one with a regular (old style) bottom. I also like to use them to smash garlic for peeling.

LOL, there ya go, Dawgluver. In a world turning "green", they have taken away our McMuffin tins and replaced them with unusable, worthless pouches ;^)

Dawgluver, Pacanis and Zhizara:

I paid about $10 to purchase a set of 4 english muffin rings to make my DH gluten free hamburger buns. The problem came when I wanted to make 8 buns and only had 4 rings. DH gets this great idea of forming four rings out of heavy duty tin foil by wrapping it around the other rings (leaving one end open so you can pull it off. They work great! Maybe you can do the same thing with your rounded bottom tins and then just recycle those and use your foil ones!

Just a thought!

I paid about $10 to purchase a set of 4 english muffin rings to make my DH gluten free hamburger buns. The problem came when I wanted to make 8 buns and only had 4 rings. DH gets this great idea of forming four rings out of heavy duty tin foil by wrapping it around the other rings (leaving one end open so you can pull it off. They work great! Maybe you can do the same thing with your rounded bottom tins and then just recycle those and use your foil ones!

Just a thought!

Great idea!

LPBeier said:

Just a thought!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about foil. Maybe even recycling old foil pie and bread tins. Could maybe flatten the crinkled ones out, cut carefully, make rings...dang, I'm such a pack rat. great idea LP Bier!

Oooh, who says eggs have to be round? Maybe star, heart shaped, profile of dog or DH? Possibilities are endless!

Last edited:
Eggs are so great. We had this for dinner tonight and it was yummo, I preheated the oven to325. Buttered 4 small ramekins, Placed a slice of tomato in the bottom of each and seasoned it with salt and pepper. Broke an egg into each ramekin Seasoned each egg with a pinch of majoram and fresh chlooped parsley then topped the eggs and herbs with crispy pancetta Placed the ramekins into a baking dish added boileg water to half way up the side of ramekins. baked 20 min watcing to see when the whites were set remove from oven take out of baking dish toast some thick slices of Italian bread butter it and pile on apricot jam
kades:)

kadesma said:
Eggs are so great. We had this for dinner tonight and it was yummo, I preheated the oven to325. Buttered 4 small ramekins, Placed a slice of tomato in the bottom of each and seasoned it with salt and pepper. Broke an egg into each ramekin Seasoned each egg with a pinch of majoram and fresh chlooped parsley then topped the eggs and herbs with crispy pancetta Placed the ramekins into a baking dish added boileg water to half way up the side of ramekins. baked 20 min watcing to see when the whites were set remove from oven take out of baking dish toast some thick slices of Italian bread butter it and pile on apricot jam
kades:)

Yum! Ina Garten has a wonderful recipe for baked eggs, will have to dig it out. Sounds very similar. Great ideas all!

I've heard of them Bolas, but have never made them. Some folks cook them on the smoker.

I have never heard of them. I have'nt really done anything with quail eggs either the I saw them canned in the specialty section of the grocery store. They cannot be boughten fresh here.

Bolas De Fraile said:
I love Scotch Eggs I don't think they are common in the US?

I looked up some recipes for them on Big Oven, sausage wrapped eggs, they sound delicious!

All you do is hard boil the egg, remove the shell and wrap in 1/2" thickness of good quality sausage meat, then flour, egg wash, breadcrumb and deep fry. They should only be eaten cold with HP brown sauce and a pint of Guinness for the ultimate blazing saddles moment:)

Even though I have English muffin rings, I sometimes need more than the 8 I have. When that happens I use empty, washed-out (of course) 8-oz. pineapple cans or water chestnut cans. Those still have the non-rounded bottoms. My daughter uses them instead of buying the muffin rings.

They also work well for making rice "towers" or other fun food presentations. For other diameters and heights I use cut pieces of PVC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom