How do you Egg? How do you Omelette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm surprised the author only lets her fourteen year old cook unsupervised if there is no open flame.

I was cooking oatmeal on a gas stove by the time I was 10, if not younger.

Frizee with tomato,chives,croutons sauteed in butter with garlic avocado, and top with a lightly poached egg with some crumbled bacon or pancetta on top of everything.
Kades

I seem to have attracted a lurking peeper! LOL

Soft boiled eggs, Taylor ham, bacon and toasted seeded bakery rye.

img_1126360_0_23370cc7193cd6f9861f00bc7e6444b4.jpg

Interesting recipe in our local paper today about eggs, I thought it would fit perfectly into this thread.

The versatile egg | StarTribune.com :yum:

I tried that. It was lovely and very easy. We didn't think the lemon added anything positive. I have made it twice.

I don't know why she needed to make a "nest" of the grated cheese. I find the egg yokes go to the middle by themselves. Also, with cheese near the bottom, it sticks to the ramekin more. In my toaster oven, it took 12 minutes and the eggs yokes were a bit firmer than I like. I'll look after 10 minutes next time.

This dish is definitely going to stay in our repertoire.

Thanks for sharing Charlie.

My favorite dish containing eggs is homemade ice cream-
8 egg yolks, 1 litre heavy sweet cream, 1/2 litre of milk, 250 g sugar, 5 g salt.

I have never liked ice cream made iwth eggs and I don't think I ever will. And yes, I have tried it more than once. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom