How do you Egg? How do you Omelette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Good Evening,

How do you egg ? How do you omelette ? Would love to hear from you all in ref to the topic ... And do you prefer white or toast colored eggs and why ?

This question brings me to, two countries ... so, In Spain I like to prepare Stuffed Hard Boiled Eggs with Tuna packed in Olive Oil ... I also like a French Style Omelette with some chives ... simple and French style Baguette with a drizzle of olive oil ...

Both these two countries have a Fritatta culture ... Spain has the Spanish Potato and Onion Tortilla ( not Aztec Mexican corn flat bread ) and Italia, a Fritatta with spinach with red bell pepper, green bell, gold bell and cheese ...

Growing up, my Swiss French Mom used to prepare a stunner Quiche, so yes, Broccoli Quiche ...

Margi.
Thanks in advance ...

Poached in spicy tomato sauce or olive oil.

Fried in bacon grease.

Stuffed with pimento stuffed green olives.

and on and on...

Any way I can get eggs. I love them and enjoy Tortillas, Frittatas, Quiches...

Eggs are the most versatile food. I am partial to savory dishes.

Brown eggs are our favorite, they seem to peel easier when hard boiled and have a richer taste.

Princess Fiona,

I loved my mom´s Broccoli Quiche ... and I had seen your Quiche Lorraine, either it is or a bacon quiche ... I have forgotten ... I had made note, it was your´s --- and to try it next week for an office lunch ...

Thanks for feedback.
Margi.

I love eggs any way too. I tried eggs nuked in a coffee cup for lunch the other day when there was nothing else in the fridge. Worked pretty slick, quick and tasty! Gotta have ketchup and chipotle Tabasco!

Dawgluver,

Sorry. Could you please explain nuked in a coffee cup ? Is this soft boiled or just stuffed into the cup scrambled ?

Well, we are getting ready to take a nice Saturday evening stroll and have a round of wines, and catch up with each other ...

Until tomorrow.
Margi.

Margi Cintrano said:
Dawgluver,

Sorry. Could you please explain nuked in a coffee cup ? Is this soft boiled or just stuffed into the cup scrambled ?

Well, we are getting ready to take a nice Saturday evening stroll and have a round of wines, and catch up with each other ...

Until tomorrow.
Margi.

Sorry, Margi. Microwaved. There are many different ways, I did this: Crack 2 eggs into a big mug, add a T of milk or cream, some S&P, stir. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir again. Microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds, top with shredded cheese. I forgot to spray the cup with cooking spray prior, but it turned out fine. You could add minced chives, crumbled bacon, etc. Pretty bourgeois, I know, but it worked!

Last edited:
"cool for a quiki breakfast on the run at 7am"

Chives, goat cheese cheese, baguette ... soft boiled type ... nice !!!

Have to try this ...

Thanks. Have good wkend, we are going for stroll ...

Margi. Have nice Sat. Evening.

Last edited:
My favorite omelet is with roasted Red Peppers, Crimini Mushrooms (sliced) and Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce drizzled over.

Most often it's eggs fried over easy. Sometimes an omelet with Gruyere and sautéed shallots. Occasionally a fritatta with roasted red peppers, shallots, cheese and sausage.

The color of the eggshell is not a factor in the flavor or quality of the egg. It's simply linked to the breed of chicken that lays it.

Yummm, guys!

CWS may need to weigh in here. Isn't the egg color dependant on the color of the chicken's ears? I agree, no difference in taste or cooking.

Omelettes are my favorite. They're versatile and good for using up whatever leftover veggies you happen to have in the fridge. I agree that there isn't much difference between brown & white eggs, but there is a definite difference between free range and regular grocery store eggs. The yolks are more orange, the whites are meatier, and the shells are thicker. Check out the bottom photo below:

img_1122944_0_6d0996dd357f0712ff7be9514636f3e9.jpg

img_1122944_1_07e73440b0df2cf3e29da40633e48d56.jpg

Favorite is migas. A simple matter of sauteing chopped onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapenos or seranos, and tomato. Add fried corn tortilla pieces, add lightly beaten eggs, and cook slowly so as not to brown the eggs. Top with cheese. Served with refried beans and country fries. It's difficult to make it look good in a photo, but it's one of the finest things to which an egg can aspire.

Mecca%20migas.JPG

Alternately, huevos rancheros, fried eggs topped with ranchero sauce.

15%20Huevos%20rancheros.jpg

Some people get carried away with the "fixin's", and it ends up as fried eggs topped with all the stuff that goes into migas.

I like eggs several ways: over easy and poached are my favorite ways. I also like omelets.

I really don't like my eggs brown. I they taste burned to me when they get brown.

Melt butter on medium heat then crack eggs into pan

img_1122976_0_31484fa0598e2f9c285ada0351fe9bf0.jpg

I let the white start to set then I gently "pull" the membrane around the yolk to spread the whites a bit

img_1122976_1_4ccb63f5559199833ba683d659699e3d.jpg

Then I gently flip them, turn heat off and "swirl" the eggs around in the pan as I walk to the table. By the time I slide them onto the plate they are perfectly cooked to my taste. It takes about 3 minutes total to cook set whites and runny yolks.

img_1122976_2_d8456ac4c517884e0ef59c0916fdd2ec.jpg

img_1122976_3_08deef877c9281635c8aa7d4ac38380e.jpg

Cheese and chive omelete

img_1122976_4_213d9ce5ede51a017cd880e044aee681.jpg

Onion, mushroom and baby spinach omelete

img_1122976_5_4b948cd1206a4f1b23d0df2e5a7be7d5.jpg

Onion, mushroom and cheese omelette

img_1122976_6_3b7e92035b24a0d8c9ef061febec3066.jpg

Eggs Benedict

img_1122976_7_9da6947152ca6be70c658e2d8a896af5.jpg

I love traditional eggs benedict but only make it about once a year. I like my eggs over easy or fried/steamed with a lid and a little water. I season with a little garlic powder or seasoned salt .

For omelettes I start on the stove and rotate between the broiler to get a fluffy big omelette. Cheese or spinach,mushroom and chesse are what I usually make.

I also like chorizo and eggs with some cheese and black olives mixed in. I use the mushy kind rather than a firm chorizo.

Back
Top Bottom