How do you like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scrambled with cheese & mushrooms, omelets, fritattas, & my favorite--in a chocolate cake! My kids love camels eyes or birds nest(the bread with the hole in the center & an egg over easy) I can't stand runny yolks. Hubby likes his fried over easy.

:D I like them soft scrambled,over easy,huevos rancheros,egg salad,swiss omelets which are not over cooked but the ultimate is eggs benedict ,how ever the hollandaise has to be perfect.I think eggs can be the perfect protein.Just think how important they are in baking and so many other dishes.

Like most eggs, and love fried double yolkers, but cannot stand hard boiled.

I think my mom thought the boiled egg was the perfect food for kids, because we would get them all the time.

I would try to ignore them, but moms never let a kid do that.

So I would choke down the yolk and hope I could get away without having to eat the whites.

Turned me off to eggs for many years, but now I love them. Except the dreaded hard boiled ones.

Have tried many times to like the foul boiled ova, pickle them, devil them, do anything you want to them, I don't even llike the smell of them.

If there is a hell, the restaurants will only serve egg salad.

I like eggs almost any way (soft scramble, over easy on hash browns, poached on eggs benedict), but if I could have them only one way, it would have to be in an omelet.

I agree with Auntdot. I hate hard boiled eggs. I used to pick the white part out of my Mom's potato salad because I hated them so much. Now I can eat them in potato salad if they are chopped fine. But that is about it. The only thing a hard boiled egg is good for is to color and find on Easter. I will make deviled eggs for my brother and dad, but I won't eat them.

SC :)

Last edited:
scrambled with ham, sausage, bacon and cheese.
also like 'em over medium with white toast to sop
up the yolk.

My first choice would be over-easy with bacon and tst... also a side of peanut butter.. I love to make a peanut butter and bacon sammich and dunk it in the yolk.. yummm!

I also love all kinds of omelets.. any way you can imagine.

I had a hashbrown, sausage, egg breakfast casserole.. that was yummy!

I love deviled eggs too. I guess you could say I like them pretty much every way.

I like deviled eggs,egg salad,and my own omelets. I refuse to order eggs in a restaurant. Favorite sandwich is a fried egg with bacon and worcestershire sauce on white toast.

Juliev said:
My first choice would be over-easy with bacon and tst... also a side of peanut butter.. I love to make a peanut butter and bacon sammich and dunk it in the yolk.. yummm!

Never thought of that .......sounds really good.

Bang, I often order eggs in restaurants where I'm not familiar with the menu because it's the one thing that's hard to screw up much. I like mine scrambled soft, with some nice shredded cheese.

i like mine poached, soft-boiled, and scrambled just till they start to set up.

Eggs are admissable on the Chlorestral dieting thing...stick with the Omega variety ones (the chichens are fed flax seed) and, apparently you can get cracking into a half dozen a week...

My grandmother used to make us poached eggs on toast, with, of course, runny yolks...

As I've aged, I've stuck to that childhood preference, but got to liking the cider vinegar in the water in which I poach the eggs...

And come to prefer the (buttered) toasted English Muffin as the platform to serve it on...

Likewise, those guys down in the Bahamas and Mexico that do the allinclusive resort hotel breakfast will spin up omelets that will make you drool...

2-3 eggs (always fresh! The yolks sit up high and the whites never run) loosely broken, and dropped into a corn oil slickened pan or appropriate size...just as the whites start to get "white", mix quickly and add your choice of sliced green pepper, chopped onion, grated cheddar, jalapenos, shredded ham, salsa, tomato, sliced mushrooms, Montery Jack cheese...casually "flip" it over as it get done on the bottom, and slide it off to your plate....

Can't say I'm much on the vulcanised fried eggs with broken yolks, either...

Egg salad is the meal or sandwich of the post Easter period, and addition of finely chopped red onion, buttering with mild mustard might bring this back to the spectrumfor some respondents...

While I won't say "No" to a soft boiled egg, I had bad experience in the Army where incredibly, we got fed eggs that were allegedly hard boiled, but had hard yolks and liquid whites for about two weeks running (I've never been able to figure out how they did this!) and I end up with a prejudice against them...

Fried egg sandwiches are a favourite, with "hot" ketchup to dip them with...

Monte Cristo sandwiches...but that's a whole different posting!

Lifter

I want my eggs deviled, or scrambled hard. I get nauseous when I see running egg pieces.

i once heard a woman in her late 30's who, after a night out clubbing, was in a diner and when the waitress asked her how she wanted her eggs. she said "fertilized"...

i like em sunny side up, over easy, hard boiled, poached, devilled, and if i have to scrambled. all with a side of home fries that have been cooked in bacon grease, and a side of bacon, ham steak, taylor ham, italian sausage, canadian bacon, fried pancetta, or chorizo.

buckytom said:
i once heard a woman in her late 30's who, after a night out clubbing, was in a diner and when the waitress asked her how she wanted her eggs. she said "fertilized"...

i like em sunny side up, over easy, hard boiled, poached, devilled, and if i have to scrambled. all with a side of home fries that have been cooked in bacon grease, and a side of bacon, ham steak, taylor ham, italian sausage, canadian bacon, fried pancetta, or chorizo.

LOL.. leave it to you! Was she boasting in an open foyer about it too?

I like mine scrambled too with all the add-ins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom