"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 11-09-2004, 02:01 AM   #41
Sous Chef

I like me eggs in a cake. :twisted:

Old 11-09-2004, 09:00 AM   #42
Master Chef

Psiguyy has the right idea!

In non-baked goods form, my favorite is scrambled with fresh sauteed spinach, sundried tomatoes, and cream cheese mixed in, topped w/ caramelized onions. Yummy!

Old 11-11-2004, 12:35 AM   #43
Master Chef

I guess I need to throw in my 2 cents here. I love soft-boiled eggs and have a method for extra large that gets tehm jsut right for me. I put them in cold water and bring pot to a boil. Just when teh water begins to roll gently, I start a timer for 2 minutes and 32 seconds. When It goes off, I pour off the hot water and fill the pan with cold. I crack the shells at this point to make them easy to peel. I never have any uncooked whites and the yolks are still soft.

My favorite eggs are those cooked in a poaching pan, with the removable cups. My grandfather, the one who made my pancakes, had a poaching pan and made them for me. The eggs poured out of the little cups with the melted butter, the whites set and the yolks still most of the way soft. Of course, as an adult, I had to get a poaching pan. I've poached egges in salted water, and made funnel eggs in salted water (you stir the almost boiling water into a funnel and drop the raw egg into it).

The most dinful egg I eat is fry up some bacon, and after its done and removed from the pan, drp in an egg or two, then splach the hot grease over the top unti the white is set and a pink film covers the yolk.

My Stepfather always ate his eggs that way. It didn't have time to give him heart problems as he moved on to the next world when cancer ravished his mortal body. He was a man to admire in so many ways.

My egg favorites are those that remind me of those that I have loved and have passed on. Many of my favorite foods are like that.

Gotta quit this thread. I'm starting to get a bit melancholy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:30 AM   #44

Goodweed, you and I are in fact gastronomically linked!

I can eat soft boiled eggs, provided they're done almost exactly the way you say...

Poach your eggs in water with either salt or a tad of malt vinegar (or both), and serve on toasted English Muffin, bacon on the side...an fry 'em up, just as you say (extra pepper for me!)...

If God takes me out for my eating, I will likely "go" happy...if he takes me out for other "lifestyle" things, like cancer, I will sure go out "contributing" that nobody else has to die from that four star b*stard disease for lack of me trying to stop it....have lost too many family and friends...

Lifter
Old 11-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #45
Master Chef

Lifter; Must be the good North air and clean Lake Superior Water that cleanse our nostrils and palates of contaminants (except of course those emanating from Algoma Steel and the Paper Mill, Copper and Iron Mines, Coal-fired Electric plants, etc.)

I just know that when I look at your posts, your techniques and tastes are uncannily similar to my own. Maybe we should join together and start a cooking school. Oh that I had the capital and personal wealth to make that dream a reality. But in truth, I am a mere slave to the wage, just like 99.99% of every person who has ever lived.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:23 AM   #46
Head Chef

Re: How do you like your eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivore
the discussion that broke out on grits made me think of another food which everyone has a different way of eating--eggs.
i've seen so many people put things on their eggs that i consider 'weird': tabasco, ketchup, syrup, mayo, etc.
my favorite way to eat eggs is something my mom made for me when i was young: hard boiled, mashed up with lots of butter & salt. yum!
hard boiled eggs mashed up, mixed with lots of butter,finely chopped tomatoes,salt and black pepper make great sandwiches,ever tried?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:26 AM   #47
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
I really love over-easy eggs!!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:15 AM   #48
Head Chef

and what kind of eggs r those?
Old 12-29-2004, 12:36 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
poached on an English muffin,
soft boiled on white toast.. lots of butter and salt and pepper,
Sunny side UP
Or eggs with hats, yummy!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #50
Everymom

What are eggs with hats?

Tags
None