I Scored!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I first found this brand of Roquefort in Atibes, France while doing service for a client. A few years later, I was in Marseilles working for another client. On this trip I brought 2 kilos back with me. I have found the "Red" label locally, but couldn't find the "Black" label, which is much better. We generally go out for breakfast on Sundays and often go to a place in a small shopping center. We've past by this non-chain grocery several times, but never checked it out. As we passed by today, they had a display with red, yellow and orange bell peppers for $.77 per pound. I stopped and went in to check out the place, doing a quick pass through. When I got to the cheese case, there it was in its beautiful, black wrapper, Papillon Roquefort! I scarfed up a nice size section. Oh, I did grab some bell peppers.

picture.php

Used to be my favorite before I got highly sensitive to certain types of mold. I stop breathing and no one knows why, because it doesn't happen every time.

I still pick this one up for my neighbours, it is affordable and not too expensive but faar from cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom