ISO ideas for Brie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I was given a 10" wheel of Brie cheese a few weeks ago. I need to come up with some ideas to use this stuff before it goes bad on me.

I'm thinking I may have to get some puff pastry and cut off a section and do a Brie en Croute. That, I'm familiar with.

Robo, on another thread, mentioned cutting the cheese open, spreading some pesto on the cheese, putting it back together, and baking it.

I've got a Brie Soup recipe that I've never tried. I may have to give that a spin.

Any other ideas?

Editted to add: I goofed. It's a one-kilo (2.2 lbs), 8" wheel. Imported from France.

Last edited:
I did the pesto thing in puff pastry for Christmas. Very yummy!

roll a hunk of brie in toasted ground almonds, bake just until it starts to melt, then place atop a pool of warmed raspberry preserves. serve with extra thin kavli style crackers, or thin slices of semolina bread.

Love the Brie en Croute! I use it often in omelettes. I also like to make a sauce with it to serve with a vegetable souffle. Enjoy!

Roast a head of garlic, warm some brie and serve with crackers. Mmmmmm.

I used a bunch as the stuffing for stuffed chicken breasts. Had some brie and black forest ham that needed to get used up. It was yummy.

Croissant, cut in half. Lay on sliced apples, lettuce, sprouts, walnuts, brie on top and quickly heat under a broiler to melt the brie. Wow, what a great sandwich!!

Brie and your favorite preserves - make a breakfast panino using waffles. Champagne or some kind of bubbly is GREAT to complete a Sunday breakfast in bed! hint, hint!!!!! p.s. - you're welcome Peppa! :mrgreen:

Top with brown sugar, walnuts, bake until brown sugar gets melty. This MUST be in a dish with sides. This can easily be nuked for convenience. Serve with Granny Smith apples and sliced baguette. For a richer version you can melt butter and brown sugar and pour over the heated brie and top with walnuts.

Thaks for the ideas, Everyone! Alix, would you be willing to to post the recipe for the stuffed chicken breasts?

Back
Top Bottom