ISO name of a German cheese ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XeniA

Sous Chef
While visiting Dusseldorf this fall, we bought a bit of cheese that I could best describe as a blue-y brie ... or a brie-y blue! It looked much like brie with a powdery, white rind and had that soft texture rather than the crumble of a blue, but it was a mold/veined cheese so the taste was somewhere between the creaminess of the brie with the (sorry ... had to stop to wipe the drool from my chin) sharp tang of a nice blue.

But! I don't remember the name! Can anyone help?

(I asked at my local Carrefour but evidently caught the clerk on a PMS day. She cut me off at the pass and said "it's one thing what you ate in Germany and another what we sell in Greece" ... which would have been understandable and completely valid ... if I hadn't been standing at the imported cheese counter of a French supermarket chain, looking at Italian parmesan, French brie, and English stilton! Jeesh!)

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I do believe he's got it!

THANK YOU! That looks spot on, and the description seems to confirm it. Now it's just a matter of locating the stuff here!

:blush:Oooops!

Well, that's from one transvestite* to another, then, JPM! I thought about it just after I pressed "post" since, lord knows, I've been mistaken several thousand times for a man myself (on this site, not on the street, she hastens to add).

Sorry about that ... wish I knew what it was that gives people the wrong impression?!

(*just kidding ... no offense intended ...)

Andy M. said:
You have to keep checking???:ohmy:

Andy, you'd be amazed what a job it can do on you to have people continuing to confuse you for the opposite sex!

Seriously? Lord knows I've looked at my writing and wondered "is there something inherently butch about my writing style?!"

It's the screen-names, they can go either way. I've had similar on other sites with my screen-name too.

Cambolzola - picked up a large piece in Margarita and washed it down with some "Caribes" by the side of the pool.
Yummy stuff that, Ayrton!

Back
Top Bottom