Less messy way to poach an egg (less cleanup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was also thinking "WTF is locally sourced organic plastic wrap?" Would that be plastic wrap made with pure crude oil from your neighborhood oil well?

I can't wait until they make "organic, free-range, local, artisan, gluten free and zero trans fat" plastic wrap.

Now, THAT would be something!!

RD

So I called up the Captain, "Please bring me my wine" He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine" - The Eagles

""Relax." said the nightman. We are programmed to receive. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. (guitar instrumental featuring Joe Walsh as lead guitar)."

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I use silicone poach pods

img_1462708_0_3506afc1f42de94fdf680d20d3fc4abd.jpg

img_1462708_1_0d96831bdca8bf467759d8643a86b459.jpg

img_1462708_2_9da6947152ca6be70c658e2d8a896af5.jpg

Those look like a good idea MsM. Silicone makes sense. Years ago I had the old fashioned poaching pan with cups that the chief likes but that thing ended up in my donation pile.
If I want an egg cooked in butter I'll fry the little darlin's .

Last edited:
Those look like a good idea MsM. Silicone makes sense. Years ago I had the old fashioned poaching pan with cups that the chief likes but that thing ended up in my donation pile.

Same here.

It worked fine, I just couldn't justify the storage space for a single function pan. I switched to poaching in a small pan of barely simmering water and a splash of vinegar.

I also had a small one with a single egg insert, it too went into the missionary barrel. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Ah but the one with the inserts was what introduced me to poached eggs at Grandpa's house, so it has sentimental value. Also, you can make steamed, individual puddings in those little inserts, or custards, or brule', or little cups of cheesey goodness to pour over the poached eggs. It is not a one-purpose pan in my house.;)

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ah but the one with the inserts was what introduced me to poached eggs at Grandpa's house, so it has sentimental value. Also, you can make steamed, individual puddings in those little inserts, or custards, or brule', or little cups of cheesey goodness to pour over the poached eggs. It is not a one-purpose pan in my house.;)

That is the best reason to use it and cherish it, I have a few items like that in my kitchen and they mean the world to me.

You've got to be careful not to get caught poaching eggs. Robin Hood got a death sentence, in absentia, for poaching the King's deer.

You've got to be careful not to get caught poaching eggs. Robin Hood got a death sentence, in absentia, for poaching the King's deer.

Bwahahahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO: Yeh I thought about saying it, but didn't. I'm glad you did. Remember though, if you get caught poaching pears, in a simple syrup, you can oft times get away with it if you share it with the sheriff, topped with chocolate sauce, of course.:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom