"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 04-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #61
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I was also thinking "WTF is locally sourced organic plastic wrap?" Would that be plastic wrap made with pure crude oil from your neighborhood oil well?
I can't wait until they make "organic, free-range, local, artisan, gluten free and zero trans fat" plastic wrap.

Now, THAT would be something!!

RD

Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #62
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
My new over the stove microwave says it 1,000W
45 seconds is good for one egg, and 75 seconds for two.
I haven't had a microwave oven since the year 1689... but, I think you already knew that!

RD

Old 04-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #63
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rugged Dude View Post
I haven't had a microwave oven since the year 1689... but, I think you already knew that!

RD
Wow, you're even older than me!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #64
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rugged Dude View Post
I haven't had a microwave oven since the year 1689
So I called up the Captain, "Please bring me my wine" He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine" - The Eagles
Old 04-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #65
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
So I called up the Captain, "Please bring me my wine" He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine" - The Eagles
""Relax." said the nightman. We are programmed to receive. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. (guitar instrumental featuring Joe Walsh as lead guitar)."

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:16 PM   #66
Master Chef

I use silicone poach pods

Old 04-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #67
Master Chef

Those look like a good idea MsM. Silicone makes sense. Years ago I had the old fashioned poaching pan with cups that the chief likes but that thing ended up in my donation pile.
If I want an egg cooked in butter I'll fry the little darlin's .

Old 04-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #68
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Those look like a good idea MsM. Silicone makes sense. Years ago I had the old fashioned poaching pan with cups that the chief likes but that thing ended up in my donation pile.
Same here.

It worked fine, I just couldn't justify the storage space for a single function pan. I switched to poaching in a small pan of barely simmering water and a splash of vinegar.

I also had a small one with a single egg insert, it too went into the missionary barrel.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #69
Master Chef

Ah but the one with the inserts was what introduced me to poached eggs at Grandpa's house, so it has sentimental value. Also, you can make steamed, individual puddings in those little inserts, or custards, or brule', or little cups of cheesey goodness to pour over the poached eggs. It is not a one-purpose pan in my house.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:55 AM   #70
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Ah but the one with the inserts was what introduced me to poached eggs at Grandpa's house, so it has sentimental value. .
You're a treasure Chief, but that silly old multi part design for poaching eggs belongs in a museum of bad cooking inventions.

Tags
egg, recipe

Less messy way to poach an egg (less cleanup) I like a poached egg on my corned beef hash. My usual method is to boil some water in a pot, add a splash of vinegar, then break the egg into the water, then use a slotted spoon to retrieve the egg, then afterwards, wash out the pot and slotted spoon of messy egg white residue. I came upon this method which requires less cleanup. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to. :chef: [youtube]9jUZax1lCok[/youtube] 3 stars 1 reviews