- 2 tbs butter
- 1 medium (1 cup) red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 1 /2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed, stems removed, torn
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium (1 cup) tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Heat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add bell pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened (3 to 4 minutes). Stir in spinach. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted (1 to 2 minutes).
Meanwhile, combine milk, eggs, garlic salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in cheese and cooked vegetables. Pour egg mixture into greased 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set in center and edges are lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine tomato and basil in small bowl. Spoon over top of egg bake.
To serve, cut into wedges.