Microwave poached eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a follow up... after trying one more time to make poached eggs in the microwave, I've given up. That little gadget should have come with a warning label, some detcord and a hard hat

The egg detonator has been kicked to the curb and is safely buried in deep in the garbage can waiting for the big truck to come and haul it away. I still have some plasticized eggy bits clinging to the fan housing in the microwave and it smells a little odd when running still...

Sigh.

I love your tenacitiy!:flowers:

For future reference, you have to break the yolk before you nuke an egg.

I did that. the problem was steam build up. Directions said to add a little water which I did. The steam causes several kinds of projectile related issues...

1. Just as the egg/water reaches the point of steaming a little, the flimsy lid blows off the cooker. It hits the top of the microwave and on the return trip down, plops into the partially poached eggs - sometimes tipping them out of the cooker.

2. At approximately the same time, any water trapped under the egg expands (steam) and causes the egg to: a. flip over or b. pop out of the cooker (again hitting roof or walls of microwave). :shock:

My grandparents had a toaster with a clockwork timer years ago. That thing made perfect toast every time. You just pulled the timer arm back to the degree of doneness you wanted and let it go. You could hear the timer doing its thing. If I could have inherited anything from that household, it would have been that toaster. Your toaster sounds similar. :)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Is this the toaster, do you think?

Toaster - Classic Original, Combi, Sandwich and Bun Toasters from Dualit

They are also made in fancy colours. Ours at home has pale blue ends. They can get hot. Ours has been going for ages. Dualit also have an after sales service and apparently don't charge the earth in repairs and replacements.

The timer on ours pulls back in the same way. It happily clicks away like a busy little clock, and sort of buzzes and makes a loud click once the toast is done. Before using our Dualit we always warm up the toaster panels with one minute on the timer.

My late Gran had a range. To make the loveliest of toast, all she did was put a slice onder the top lid and close it down. She always knew how long the toasted need to do, whereas I cremated mine to charcoal. :LOL:

I did that. the problem was steam build up. Directions said to add a little water which I did. The steam causes several kinds of projectile related issues...

1. Just as the egg/water reaches the point of steaming a little, the flimsy lid blows off the cooker. It hits the top of the microwave and on the return trip down, plops into the partially poached eggs - sometimes tipping them out of the cooker.

2. At approximately the same time, any water trapped under the egg expands (steam) and causes the egg to: a. flip over or b. pop out of the cooker (again hitting roof or walls of microwave). :shock:
Maybe a rubber band or such to keep the lid on may have helped

Back
Top Bottom