"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Smile My favourite egg recipe

My favourite egg recipe is Egg curry.

praja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
I really enjoy "Eggs Diablo". It is a bit like eggs benedict in that it is a poached egg on toast/mufffin or other bread. The difference is in the topping. Eggs Diablo has sour cream, spicy salca and finely chopped scallions on top of the egg. It is spicy, tangy and rich at the same time.

sketch182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Head Chef
My favorite egg recipe hands down is chilaquiles, topped with eggs. That's what I had for breakfast this morning. They can be cooked with red sauce (like this recipe) or salsa verde. But don't be fooled by a recipe that says to use salsa...you have to use a real chile sauce made form dried chiles. Yummmmmmm.
Chilaquiles Recipe | Simply Recipes
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
Certified Cake Maniac
I like egg fu yung and heuvos rancheros (Karen, please forgive me if I spelled that wrong, and it probably isn't even true Mexican but I love it!). I can't eat eggs plain - the have to have a whole bunch of flavours and or sauce with them.
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
Head Chef
Laurie, huevos rancheros are absolutely authentic Mexican. I love them too. Sometimes they are served as "divorced eggs," with green sauce on one egg and red on the other!
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
My favorite is my version of shirred eggs, Butter a ramekin place a thin slice of ham or proscuitto inside and bake it just to heat it through,then add your eggs top with some sauteed mushrooms and a dollop of creme fraiche and bake til eggs are set to your taste, I like to then top everything off with some thin sliced green onion, yummy. Also great with melted cheese instead of the creme fraiche.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Head Chef
I know they've got a million calories in them and a ton of sodium and fat, but I absolutely LUV the spinach/artichoke egg souffles at Panera. I'd never attempt them at home though, too lazy.
At home I usually make scrambled eggs. Sometimes I mix stuff in, like an omlette but less structured. I love a Mexican scramble (lots of peppers and veggies mixed in with cheese, guacamole and salsa on top) and I also make a pretty good asparagus/bacon quiche.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #8
Master Chef
You can feed me eggs any way you want! I don't know that I have a favorite way to consume them. Deviled, hard boiled, scrambled, poached, quiche, fried, I'll eat them all!
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
Executive Chef
egg curry - we used to eat that a lot as kids. My kids do not like eggs, so don't make it now.
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to Deathbysoup
My favorite way to eat eggs would have to be eggs and soldiers. Simple , but delicious.

Deathbysoup is offline   Reply With Quote