My favourite egg recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really enjoy "Eggs Diablo". It is a bit like eggs benedict in that it is a poached egg on toast/mufffin or other bread. The difference is in the topping. Eggs Diablo has sour cream, spicy salca and finely chopped scallions on top of the egg. It is spicy, tangy and rich at the same time.

My favorite egg recipe hands down is chilaquiles, topped with eggs. That's what I had for breakfast this morning. They can be cooked with red sauce (like this recipe) or salsa verde. But don't be fooled by a recipe that says to use salsa...you have to use a real chile sauce made form dried chiles. Yummmmmmm.
Chilaquiles Recipe | Simply Recipes

I like egg fu yung and heuvos rancheros (Karen, please forgive me if I spelled that wrong, and it probably isn't even true Mexican but I love it!). I can't eat eggs plain - the have to have a whole bunch of flavours and or sauce with them.

Laurie, huevos rancheros are absolutely authentic Mexican. I love them too. Sometimes they are served as "divorced eggs," with green sauce on one egg and red on the other!

My favorite is my version of shirred eggs, Butter a ramekin place a thin slice of ham or proscuitto inside and bake it just to heat it through,then add your eggs top with some sauteed mushrooms and a dollop of creme fraiche and bake til eggs are set to your taste, I like to then top everything off with some thin sliced green onion, yummy. Also great with melted cheese instead of the creme fraiche.
kadesma

I know they've got a million calories in them and a ton of sodium and fat, but I absolutely LUV the spinach/artichoke egg souffles at Panera. I'd never attempt them at home though, too lazy.
At home I usually make scrambled eggs. Sometimes I mix stuff in, like an omlette but less structured. I love a Mexican scramble (lots of peppers and veggies mixed in with cheese, guacamole and salsa on top) and I also make a pretty good asparagus/bacon quiche.

You can feed me eggs any way you want! I don't know that I have a favorite way to consume them. Deviled, hard boiled, scrambled, poached, quiche, fried, I'll eat them all!

I don't think I've yet met an egg dish I didn't like. Omelets, frittatas, breakfast sandwiches, with steak (or other breakfast meats), hard-boiled in salads, deviled. . . .

Laurie, huevos rancheros are absolutely authentic Mexican. I love them too. Sometimes they are served as "divorced eggs," with green sauce on one egg and red on the other!

Oh, Karen, those sound soooo good. I think that is what I want for breakfast. Oh, except I don't have any green sauce :( Well that goes on the grocery list for sure.

There is a company in the interior town my Sister in law lives (Kamloops) that makes the most wonderful authentic fresh salsas, chips, corn tortillas, etc. and I convinced our local organic store to stock them. They are a real big hit and now I don't have to wait until someone goes to Kamloops or she comes down to get my supplies. They were so thrilled that I had put them on to these products that I get a 10% permanent discount on any that I buy. Not much but all helps!

I don't think I've yet met an egg dish I didn't like. Omelets, frittatas, breakfast sandwiches, with steak (or other breakfast meats), hard-boiled in salads, deviled. . . .

Absolutely agree! In fact, yesterday, I just lightly fried some onions, and add into two beaten eggs in a bowl. Then fry in the pan again to make onion omelet! yummm

And how could I have forgotten scrambled!!??!!

Scrambled with cheese, with diced ham, with veggies, with salsa, & - a personal Czech favorite - scrambled with leftover cubed Czech Bread Dumplings!!

Re: Curried Eggs - Saraaaaa, I must admit I've never made an "authentic" version of this myself, but it is a dish my mom used to make when it was "almost payday" - lol!!

While I do know that this is an actual Indian dish with many authentic variations, all my mom did was make a basic white sauce, add curry powder to taste, & pour over sliced hard-boiled eggs layered on toast.

My recipe for curried eggs is similar to Breezy's.

Make a curry sauce, you could use almost any (or even used a jarred sauce). A korma would be good. When the sauce is ready add halved or quarter bolied eggs and heat them through. Do not overcook or the eggs will go rubbery.

Miniman, I had what I believe to be your version with a korma sauce awhile back and it was incredibly delicious!

Actually, another egg dish I make once in awhile when I can get local fresh eggs (they poach the best) that's both delicious & economical is "Eggs Florentine".

Just cook enough spinach for the number of folks you're serving & poach 2 eggs per person. Put the well-drained cooked spinach in a baking dish & situate the eggs on top. Make a basic white sauce & melt in a goodly amount of swiss, gruyere, parmesan, or a mixture. Pour over the eggs & spinach, top with a light sprinkling of breadcrumbs, & bake in a 350-degree oven until bubbly hot.

This is great both as a light supper or for breakfast/brunch.

I love eggs in between bread, bagels, toast, biscuits... pretty much in any way shape or form! Its the best when the syrup from your pancakes or french toast escapes and creeps onto your eggs... yummm. I also enjoy eggs dropped in soup, or hard boiled with a drizzle of sesame oil. And who doesn't love deviled eggs!?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom